Houzz Logo Print
pepperonipizza

Kitchen design disaster

pepperonipizza
5 anni fa
Ultima modifica:5 anni fa

Folks, I have created a design disaster. I have a small 1960's ranch. I started a kitchen remodel, did lots of designs, chose one with the sink in the island and the cooktop behind it, appliances on the back wall. Then I realized that thanks to the more open floorplan which removed a wall between the living room and the family room, you could now see my refrigerator from the front door! Not what I was going for! In fact, if the fridge and the double-ovens are anywhere on the back wall, you will see them from the front door.

The kitchen is 18 ft. long and 11 feet wide. It faces the dining room (the original family room with corner fireplace). There is no wall in between. The sink and cooktop are 36", the pantries are 48" the cabinets on either side of the fridge are 30".

Having moved the plumbing for the sink and the gas for the range, the position of the range and the sink can't change, but I want the big appliances to face the back of the house, not the street, so that that they will be hidden from view of the front door and entry hall. This means shifting the position of the island without shifting the position of the sink. This puts my sink at the end of a peninsula. I need to know if this will be too weird. Thanks for your advice.

This is the future design leaving the sink at the end of the peninsula.

Below is what happens if I put the appliances on the back wall. I could put either a peninsula or an island in the center, but in this design, there is a 42" walkway on the left, and nothing but a wall, no appliances.

Commenti (27)

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".