Houzz Logo Print
shellface1

Thoughts on rug...

11 anni fa
I am traditional and think that this rug doesn't work. My drapes are striped.

Commenti (13)

• PRO
    11 anni fa
    I do like the design in the rug but would rather a plain cream rug, not so busy but that's just me.
  • PRO
    11 anni fa
    I think the rug looks nice with the furniture but need to see a pic of the drapes to know if it goes with them - In the first pic your paint looks very green and the carpet grey, but in the 2nd pic the paint seems more grey like the rug. If its grey, it goes well, if the walls are green, I think the rug is a bit off.
  • 11 anni fa
    I love the rug, if the color of your walls are grey like the second picture then it looks really nice.
  • PRO
    11 anni fa
    I like this carpet because this breaks the run-of-the-mill traditional look. It adds gives some excitement to the room.

However, I would be careful not to fill your walls with paintings that add to the visual noise (if you did I would go with very simple cream cut outs).
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50185826/

Let the carpet do the talking ... until all your family and friends are sitting and doing it instead!
  • 11 anni fa
    ...totally off subject - but I would love this room with a sparkling chandelier. Everything looks quite tonally subdued & it would be great to have a little bling in the room to bump-up the energy.
    I think the rug works well in your room to add movement.
  • 11 anni fa
    your floor trim is unusual. is it raised and partially open to cover heating?
  • 11 anni fa
    How about seagrass rug with a green or brown border?
  • 11 anni fa
    The alternate picture is the actual picture of the color - a grey (blue) called Dolphin by Benjamin Moore. The drapes are different tones of grey with a beige stripe. I plan to do a crystal chandelier. And yes, there are formal wooden baseboard covers.
  • 11 anni fa
    I like the rug.
  • 11 anni fa
    Without the drapes, I can't say. It looks more like a living room rug to me because the pattern is quite large for such a small space.
  • 11 anni fa
    here is the drapery fabric
  • 11 anni fa
    I think it will all be beautiful... All you need are the finishing touches !
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".