Houzz Logo Print
isidora_markovic90

Door handle or doorknob?

Isidora Markovic
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

Door handles are pretty important - without them doors would be walls and we couldn't move from room to room!

But when pressed to choose - would you go for a door handle or a doorknob?

Beautiful Notting Hill mews house - St Luke's Mews, Notting Hill, London · Maggiori informazioni

Vote for your favourite and explain why one got your vote over the other below!

Door handle
Doorknob

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    Formani UK
    7 anni fa

I think door knobs are great for doors to wardrobes, that can be operated without twisting them. A handle is much easier to operate if there is hardware in the door!

Tense Handle BB100 · Maggiori informazioni

• ali270
    7 anni fa
    I like the look of doorknobs but with aging arthritic hands we had to changed to handles . We were delighted to find a huge selection of really great designs.
  • temple274
    7 anni fa
    Definitely handles, often have my hands full and have to use an elbow to open them. Besides, knobs are useless when you've just put hand cream on, as you have no grip.
  • andytheyank
    7 anni fa
    Definitely door knobs. More space for large hands between the hardware and walls/frame etc.
  • suesigngirl
    7 anni fa

Door knobs when you have tiny children....my 1 year old granddaughter opens doors with handles easily and lets the cats upstairs but she can't manage a door knob yet...

• Sonia
    7 anni fa

Door knobs look good, but as said previously, when you have arthritic hands you just can't manage them. My husband has a condition which means he has a very weak grip, so handles are so much easier.

• Jo Adams
    7 anni fa
    Door knobs for looks, handles for practicality
  • lisa77226
    7 anni fa
    I understand why people choose handles but I prefer door knobs. I think they blend away and handles stand out.
  • PRO
    Mounts Hill Woodcraft & Design Ltd
    7 anni fa

I bought the most gorgeous coloured glass door knobs for the upstairs doors in our house - I decided every door could have a different colour, but sadly, when we put them on they were so large they got caught on the door jambs and we couldn't close the doors! So, we now have very nice, but not as quirky, pewter door handles and they're disappointingly

all the same!

• Isidora Markovic
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Having door handles means that our dog can get into any room he likes - which we don't mind (he'll leave if told to!) although he hasn't quite mastered how to close the door behind him...

• Stephen Edwards
    7 anni fa

Isidora, that is why I have door knobs, I used to have a Springer Spaniel who could open every door, cupboard and window in the house (even mastering childproof latches on cupboards) The only way to keep her in, or out of, a room was to lock the door. Not content with her own escapology she then taught my brother's Lab how to open doors. I do understand that handles are easier for people with grip problems and I have oval door knobs which are a halfway compromise.

• PRO
    Aspire Design
    7 anni fa

There are lots of stunning door knobs on the market today and I think they make a great choice for wardrobe doors or sliding partition doors. However, door handles are more practical and easier to manage when your arms are full of shopping or your carrying laundry...plus they are definitely better for arthritic hands. Personally I like knobs for wardrobes, drawer pulls and small cabinets and handles for the majority of internal doors.

• PRO
    Access Hardware Ltd
    7 anni fa

We prefer handles simply for the ease of use.

• Maggie Booth
    6 anni fa
    I don't mind both but we use door knobs as we have young children and little one sleep walking quote a bit, so have to stick with door knobs :-)
  • Heidi Cullen
    6 anni fa

I too have arthritic hands but I have knobs on all my doors. I had handles at first but, not being used to them, I ripped many shirt sleeves as I opened them and damaged my arms all the time. I cannot open the doors as I cannot turn the knobs so I keep all my doors open all the time. No-where is off-limits to me or my animals. Works wonderfully for every room but the bathroom. I am never alone!

• PRO
    Art Decor Designs
    6 anni fa

Door knobs !

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".