Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

Do you believe in feng shui?

Feng shui is a way to balance the energies in your home and create harmony. To achieve good feng shui you need to think about placing your bed in a certain way, decluttering your home and letting go of the TV in your bedroom - for starters!

Have you applied feng shui principles to your home? What do you think about it?

Crystal Wharf · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (7)

• 9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    Hmmm, I somehow doubt that some 3 millenniums ago when the Chinese came up with the concept, they worried about TVs in bedrooms :-p.

Surely, the principles of calm, harmony and energy balance can be adapted to any era or place, and these days that includes electronics, but like any imported ancient art there's a bit too much of a forceful adjustment to fit modern living. I'd love to see a proper scientific research about how the position of my bed influences my health and finances...! I'd then change its position in no time!

As any principles that promotes good health and harmony, if you believe in it, Feng Shui can certainly help. Would I live my life following it to the letter... well, no. I think I'd get too stressed that the angle of my mirror is not sharp enough to repel bad chi if I have to move it slightly to check on my lipstick. But as many think it's beneficial, it's certainly something that betters their lives and that's great!

Sorry... I'm just a big, not too old though, cynic.
    Emmeline Westin ha ringraziato Luciana
  • 9 anni fa
    I am not a fan. But each to their own. Luciana, I for one, would like to see an updated Feng Shui that takes smartphones and wifi into account!
  • PRO
    9 anni fa
    We like the idea of a room having a balance, and decluttering is something we recommend to clients before their refurbishment starts. But we don't like the idea of living without our mod-cons!
  • PRO
    9 anni fa
    Feng Shui is more than decluttering and placing fourniture into a home. It will be too easy to place a bed in a certain direction to become wealthy!
    The most important is to look how the outside energy is moving and entering into the property. This is the main principle of Feng Shui. Then we study the inside of the house to understand where the energy is clashing to bring good health and harmony.
    We still can nowadays adapt this old method to our modern lifestyle.
  • PRO
    9 anni fa
    Like anything these days, it is about choosing the bits that work for you...
    I do believe that it is good to keep different areas for different parts of your life in the home, whether it be a room or a huge house. Keeping all admin and financials in one area, all health and well being in another, the childrens toys in another etc. Some or all can overlap, but in general, it also makes things A LOT easier to find when you need them.... :)
  • PRO
    9 anni fa
    I always find these discussions amusing because invariably people are trying to assess whether or not they 'believe' in it or not (it isn't a belief system) or whether it works without actually knowing much about it at all! Simply put, when people take the time and spend the resources to properly study the subject of Feng Shui they will understand it and therefore realise that it is based in cosmology and pretty profound natural laws of energy. It is also not just about space but also about timing (Chinese astrology) - to get the real results takes YEARS to master properly. :)
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".