Houzz Logo Print
chaygo

Ugh!

I was inspired by the colors in the artwork. I have blue walls and a red sofa. Any suggestions for carpeting and window treatments?This is my living room. However, everyone else calls it the game room (didn't want to get the large flat screen and the three gaming systems in the
pics )!

Commenti (6)

• Charetha Haygood
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Another photo
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Maybe a few sets of these to make your wall window appear bigger;)
    Marquee Shimmering Faux Silk Pinch Pleat Drape · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    Anna Jacoby Interiors
    10 anni fa
    With such vibrant color on the wall, I would tend to stay neutral with the carpeting. A light tan, or oatmeal color would keep the room from feeling too dark.
    For window treatments, how about a Roman Shade? I would mount it on the wall outside your window casing and make the shade at least 4" larger than your window all the way around, to make the window look larger. Or some floor-length drapes that again would make the window look larger.
  • Geneviève
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    A few mirrors in the room for reflection ,a bright colour for the curtains

Modern Decorative Round Wall Mirror · Maggiori informazioni

Sandy Wilson IT Curtain Panel · Maggiori informazioni

Clear Glass Ice Vase, Large · Maggiori informazioni

Bright Red Bold Stripe Ovo Floor Lamp · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    Murison's Flooring America
    10 anni fa
    There are a lot of good ideas here, and I believe it will come down to what tone you want to set in the room.
    The hardwood floor idea definitely works for coordinating with the door, blinds and table seen in the photo. Going too dark on the stain would be something to avoid to prevent the room and decor from being monochromatic. The acoustics would change significantly with the sound reflection which can be adjusted for with an area rug helping to absorb some of the sound.
    Anna's idea of a neutral carpet is a great idea to add brightness to the room. There are several carpets that incorporate woven designs to add character to a solid color carpet as well as several berber carpets that can incorporate additional tones to pick up the color of the wood stain.
    There are a lot of good window treatment suggestions leaning toward fabric. Without seeing the rest of the room I would personally lean toward a wood shutter that coordinates with the door. Additional artwork or photos can have stain coordinated frames as well. If you want to illuminate the room a bit more a semi-opaque honeycomb shade would work well. The pleats would compliment the windows on the door quite nicely.
    You may want to explore all of the ideas here and spend a day bringing sample pieces back to your home to see which look suits you the best.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".