Houzz Logo Print
webuser_4026939

Prefinished Door - Should this look better?

J Rae
7 mesi fa

I ordered this new front door prefinished. Should the edge around the glass look like this? I’m probably the only one that’s going to be looking this closely at the door, but I feel like this should look better.

Commenti (4)

• Susie .
    7 mesi fa

You know, I just bought a door for a rental property that has that same issue! I think it’s the glazing material that wasn’t cleaned up properly. I took a razor blade and cleaned it up, but I agree with you that it looks bad. It is likely no one else will notice, but you can probably clean it up a bit.

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    7 mesi fa

It is not the greatest, but it will not be visible to most people, unless they know what to look for. The comment aboves suggestion of taking a razor blade and cleaning it up yourself is a good idea, but i would call the company you ordered it from and see if they are willing to do anything first, to correct and make their work look better.

• kculbers
    7 mesi fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 mesi fa

We ordered a new Therma Tru fiberglass front door that was primed in white, as we wanted to paint it. My husband and I are quite "fusspots” when it comes to painting. We knew a prefinished color door would never meet our expectations. We painted ours with Behr paint, color: “Baby Spinach”. We took our time, did 2 coats. The time and care invested in painting the door ourselves was well worth it, no issues. I agree with you, that paint job on your door should look better. I would try a razor blade to get the paint off the glass area. Best of luck in your journey!

• millworkman
    7 mesi fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 mesi fa

You cannot judge anything from 2" away and a blurry picture. Factory prefinished or was it sent out to be finished by the vendor? Where did the door come from? Looks to be the caulk that they bed the glazing in but I cannot be sure from the blurriness of the picture. That sealant does tend to squeeze out and not really get cleaned up in the factory. Easy enough for you to clean up if it bothers you. Anything else I cannot tell.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".