Houzz Logo Print
l_m_w

POLL: Air Fryers - Yes or No?

Lindsey R.
2 anni fa

6 Quart Air Fryer Electric Hot Air Fryer,1500 Watts Healthy Oil-Free Cooker · Maggiori informazioni

Have you embraced the Air Fryer? If so, what do you think?

Vote and let us know in the comments.

(Side question: Have you found any must-try recipes for it?)

Yes!
No

Commenti (49)

• K R
    2 anni fa

Air fryer salmon is the best! I put a little brown sugar and honey mixture on top and fry them for 11 minutes on 400, it gives them a crispy crust and very tender and delicious inside. It’s the only way my family will touch salmon lol.

Lindsey R. ha ringraziato K R
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    2 anni fa

I only recommend air fryers if they have the ability to rotate or shake the food -- otherwise it's just a tiny convection oven. So, that means that yes to the air fryer I have (Actfry), but no to the air fryer my friend has (forget the brand). Great for potatoes, broccoli, onions, salmon pieces, chicken wings (before sauce).

• Mary
    2 anni fa

We have the Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven and Airfryer. It's just a countertop covection oven. It's great as an air fryer. We use it daily as our main oven because we don't have to preheat it or heat up the big oven just to make a pizza. Ironically it's a lousy toaster.

• TBL from CT
    2 anni fa

I resisted for a long time. After being served a snack made with eggroll wrappers I talked myself into it. I purchased a 7 qt drawer style Gourmia from Costco $50 and I figured it wasn't a big investment if I didn't like it. Well, I love the thing and have used it more in the past five weeks than I ever imagined I would. This product is very roomy (though I cook for just two), and the non-stick is very easy to clean. I'm still trying to perfect different eggroll recipes and I tend to just look up times and temperatures for other items. Salmon, mahi seasoned for fish tacos, and chicken with crumbs have all been excellent. I made coconut shrimp and the shrimp stayed moist while the coating was crisp. Baked and roasted potatoes were better than the oven. Processed food like frozen fries and frozen samosas were as well. I have convenient storage for this appliance - air fryers aren't small, so that should be a consideration before purchasing.

Eggroll hints: Don't form them too far in advance because the dough gets moist and gooey and falls apart. I tried freezing and the dough cracked. It's a fun work in progress.

• 3katz4me
    2 anni fa

Just not into the latest small appliance du jour - instapot, air fryer, etc. Among other reasons, I don't have room for them.

• kculbers
    2 anni fa

I love my Ninja Air Fryer!! I got a 4 quart one, perfect size for 2 people: the love of my life (husband) and me. It is light enough to store it in my hall closet that is just outside my kitchen. I take it out as needed. It is ceramic coated and nothing sticks to it; easy clean up. My favorite items to cook in it are yams and red potatoes. I only get a new appliance when I get rid of one. When our ancient George Forman grill’s Teflon started flaking off, I replaced it with the air fryer. I plan to get more adventurous and try some home made veggie and salmon burgers.

• Toronto Veterinarian
    2 anni fa

"I sometimes wonder if in a couple of years we are going to be seeing all these air fryers in thrift stores the same way we saw the breadmakers in the past."

Of course -- doesn't make it wrong to buy one, though, if you really enjoy it during those couple of years ;) Fashions come and go, and that includes the things we eat.

• PRO
    Connie Elaine's Draperies
    2 anni fa

I had a Cusinart toaster oven/air fryer. It worked for a few things, but very difficult to clean! Fast forward to about 6 months ago. I replaced the cusinart with the Ninja dual drawer air fryer with smart finish. I absolutely LOVE it. My husband told me I was going wear it out. I would buy another. Great for salmon, chicken, pork loin, vegetables, frozen foods, and many other things I have not yet tried.

• susanaikman
    2 anni fa

I wouldn't buy a stand alone air fryer, but my Breville Smart Oven Air does a good job of air frying along with all the other jobs a good air fryer should do.

• twigwoman
    2 anni fa

if one has a convection oven an air fryer is not necesssary!!!!

• seamist25
    2 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 2 anni fa

I also have the Ninja 4 qt . I tested everything when I first got it. i do not like shrimp, overcooks.. steak, hamburgers are like steamed. . I tested hot dogs, sausage a no go… nor vegetables cooked in it. I don’t eat prepared frozen foods french fries etc. but did test FF.. come out better in my toaster oven. or range .. steak is better on the grill or broiler.. I use it for chicken and pork chops. they stay moist and flavorful without added marinades etc, being single i cook 2 boneless chops or two boneless chicken breast or thighs , 2 days meal, steam my fresh veggies in the microwave. it is all done at the same time. reheat the next day. AF is fast cooking, easy cean.

• reich1
    2 anni fa

I have a Breville toaster/convection/air frier counter top oven. It's an all in one appliance. Love it!

• judygilpin
    2 anni fa

My Air Fryer is a combo air fryer/toaster oven/baking oven & broiler. The only thing I use it for now is baking dinners for 2 as it uses a lot less energy when making dinner for just my husband & I. This is my 2nd air frier.....the first was a "drawer" type which was difficult to clean. And everything had to be turned over. I find my regular oven does a much better job of crisping foods when I place them on a rack, and doesn't set off the smoke alarm like the air frier does many times. My advice is save your money. These things are just another fad.

• divineinteriorconcepts
    2 anni fa

We purchased a Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro. Not sure how often we would use it, BUT we use it a TON! Mostly air frying vegetables with parmesan cheese, homemade low carb mini pizzas, fish, etc. Surprised we use it so much! Also made baked chicken or casseroles. Best part is that it is easy to clean up. Although I did try skin on chicken breasts and made a huge splatter mess that took time to clean up. Will do that in my regular oven next time. Overall I love it!

• bonniekk
    2 anni fa

Get the cuisenart toaster oven baker air fryer at Costco. I cook it that more than my oven especially in the summer. Don't have to flip any food because it cooks on all sides.

• judygilpin
    2 anni fa

@bonniekk That's the one I have, but still like my regular convection oven for "air fryer crispness". Use the Cuisinart all the time for baking dinners for the 2 of us.

• gailcan
    2 anni fa

It's the greatest! We don't do the "fried food" type items in it very much. It is great for cooking meats - perfect every time because of the ability to put in temperature and time. We cook up moist chicken breasts, tri-tip roasts, bacon...throw in some frozen fries for a quick, warm lunch addition. You don't have to attend to items while cooking except for an occasional shake or turn, so you can focus on other meal items. Easy to clean and isn't an energy hog like the oven.

• prettyponies
    2 anni fa

Love mine! I don't use it everyday (have Cuisinart) but I'm glad I have one. I love that whatever I cook in it, it gets crispy all the way around and sure wish there were more recipes or even boxed items if you buy them, would give airfryer directions instead of just stove top or oven. And K R thanks for the salmon recipe, I will have to try my Salmon in it!

• Chris
    2 anni fa

I have a Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 Smart XL Indoor Grill - 4-Quart Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Broil, & Dehydrate. I use all the functions and we use it 4-5 times per week. It is big, but I do not store it on the counter. Easy clean up and energy efficient. If we did not rent I would get rid of the range and use this appliance and a couple of induction burners.

• Laura Magee
    2 anni fa

Depends if you have a convection oven or not. I think they duplicate each other, but if you have neither, I am 1000% yes.

• dadoes
    2 anni fa

Difference between a convection oven and air fryer is that convection ovens typically cycle the fan on/off for the duration of the baking process. Air fryers run the fan continuously. There are some full size convection ranges and ovens now that have an air fry function.

• emspenc
    2 anni fa

My first air fryer smelled like burning plastic and the food tasted the same. I threw it out. I kept reading reviews on Amazon and almost all models had a few reviews complaining about the smell. This past Black Friday I saw a Walmart ad for a Tautronic. It was a good price but was not convinced because there were not enough reviews. I went to the Tautronics website and was pleasantly surprised that the manufacturer was giving a Black Friday deal of 20% off of the same price that was already discounted at Walmart. It was a great buy and I have been using it since. Love chicken cutlets in the air fryer and also salmon. Recently tried turkey burger with air fried onions on top. I have tried making French fries and just have not been successful. GREAT price, no burning plastic smell not even first use and no flaking of finish. Easy to wash. I love it and would buy again.

• lorisonfeier
    2 anni fa

I agree with Aphaea! I bought an air fryer and quickly realized that I don't need to make fried foods at home either. I also don't need another large appliance on my counter when I have an oven and a toaster oven already too. I returned it!

• F. Vous
    2 anni fa

We replaced our toaster oven with an air fryer thst has a similar shape and same style (glass door). We use it daily and have zero regrets. Sidenote, we did not have a convection oven.

• Claudine Hanani
    2 anni fa

Contrary to what some have commented, there are the following points:

-- it is NOT for "frying" food, it dry cooks fast and high so oil isn't so prominent

-- it cooks very quickly and keeps my kitchen cool in the summer in CA -- this is not a small consideration when you live in a hot climate

-- i dont have any appliances on my counters (i put in a butler pantry to keep toaster, blender, microwave and air fryer in there so kitchen stays sleek -- everyone doesn't have this option i realize)

-- i also do not have two ovens so if i am cooking alone i am certainly much less apt to turn on a huge oven for a single meal or single product, the air fryer is IDEAL for this

-- bread cookers i think only did ONE thing. The air fryer is as versatile as the microwave

-- if i have the small Wolf convection oven i might not need this but since i dont nor do i have a large and mini oven, i find this product extremely useful and we use it every single day multiple times a day with a bunch of kids at home

• Maria LoBosco
    2 anni fa

2 years ago, on an impulse, I bought a drawer style air fryer. I had a blast experimenting with different foods, not just for "frying". Even for foods I'd typically roast or bake, this was awesome. Wasnt thrilled about clean-up, but not enough to deter me.

A year ago, I upgraded to a Breville multi-function smart oven. Now I dont even turn my oven on at all and significantly reduced my stove top pan cooking, it does everything. Heats up fast, cooks more evenly (as any convection oven would), timed/auto shut off cooking (this feature alone made it all worth it)...and I can cook an entire dinner (protein and 1-2 veggies) at the same time with great results. Steak or chicken with a dry rub on roast or air fry function come out great. Try an espresso coffee dry rub on steak--you're welcome!

I do not put food directly on the provided air fry or cook trays. I use a separate metal tray-I use a small one, toaster oven size, but any small baking sheet would work. I place it on the wire rack, lined with aluminum foil for proteins and anything I'd normally roast. And for dry cooking and anything I want crispy, I bought a 12" pizza grate. My food goes directly on this, and sometimes I'll add foil if there is any drip potential. At $5 for this grate, Im okay with going through 1 of these a year, for the quick clean up and preserving and keeping clean the included slide trays that would be more costly to replace.

• 51louise
    2 anni fa

I posted a no, as I dont have one, but will once my current Actifry needs replacing. A few close family members have one so I’m familiar with its benefits but won‘t purchase until another appliance leaves the house.

There’s only so much storage space in my little house. I love my Instapot & was late to get on that bandwagon until I gave my crockpot away.

• User
    2 anni fa

I don't like specialty appliances like this (no to insta pots, ricemakers, breadmakers, etc). I find that most of the foods these are designed for can be cooked or reheated in a regular oven, microwave or stovetop if you know what you're doing.

• maryzoom
    2 anni fa

I love my air fryer! I use it all the time to roast vegetables, which is why I bought it. This is way more convenient, especially in the summer, than powering up my oven to roast them.

• Louise Smith
    2 anni fa

My regular oven is a double oven and I use the small top oven for all the oven chores. French fries, chicken, baking. I got an air fryer as a gift. Used it twice. Food wasn't any better than using the regular oven. Pain in the b*** to clean compared to self-cleaning oven. The air fryer now sits regally on the top shelf of the storage closet in the laundry room. And there it shall stay.

• Mel S.
    2 anni fa

I did attempt and quickly realized that you are not able to properly clean the heating element. I could smell old food and oil constantly and it drove me crazy. I tried all kinds of hacks, still yet there is basically no way to clean the coil on the top. I may consider buying one maybe for my pull trailer. I bought the XL size but honestly it is still not big enough to feed my family of 5. I have to choose what I am cooking. I returned it.

• lucky998877
    2 anni fa

It doesn't suite my family as I cook for 6, but my Dad and brother who each live alone use theirs as the main "oven".

• User
    2 anni fa

reheating fried foods without an air fryer:

chop it up, reheat on stovetop and make an egg scramble. french fries can be turned into "home fries" this way. or turn leftovers into fried rice. delicious.

no specialty appliance needed. a well seasoned cast iron or nonstick pan means you can use just a trace of oil.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    2 anni fa

Absolutely yes! Hardly ever use my convection microwave now. Also, get the biggest one you can.

• stir_fryi SE Mich
    2 anni fa

Also, once you air fry broccoli, you will never eat it boiled/steamed again.

• nicole___
    2 anni fa

Instead of oil frying chimichangas, I air fried them. My husband LOVED them! Chili fries had the bubbling cheese on top...wonderful!

I too have a wonderful built-in convection oven so I won't be buying a large air fryer....but the little 2qt one is perfect for two. It heats up quickly. It just seems "handy".

• PRO
    Inside Out Staging and Design
    2 anni fa

We LOVE our air fryer! Easy, quick, healthy, tasty and low maintenance clean up!

• Rebecca Morrow
    2 anni fa

Definitely yes. I have the same one and I adore it. It's so quick and easy for cleaning.

• Laurie H
    2 anni fa

We bought one a few weeks ago, and now we use it at least once daily. It cooks meals quickly and is so easy to clean. It makes crispy broccoli, brussel sprouts and zucchini, which I love. I also use it to warm up frozen chicken nuggets and pizza, which take about 8 min to cook. Super fast lunch with easy clean up.

• Wendy
    2 anni fa

I have the dual drawer Ninja and love it. Fries and breaded chicken or fish are so much crispier than oven. Great for Roasted Veggies and Roasted potatoes come out perfectly cooked and crispy inside. Of course the key is to pause it every 5-8 min and give it a good shake. But this is some much easier than pulling a cookie sheet out of oven and flipping or stirring everything. My lastest discovery is it makes awesome stuffed peppers. We use leftovers to stuff the peppers. If you preheat the stuffing a little in microwave before stuffing they take only about 10min. I'm still learning everything I can cook, but what Ive done so far has turned out great.

• Bev
    2 anni fa

We have a Ninja Foodie and absolutely love it! We usually do not air fry but use it as an indoor grill for meats and steaks!

• Anne Duke
    2 anni fa

I have a full size speed convection Cuisinart toaster oven. Didn’t know it functioned as an air fryer until I got it and I use the function a lot. It, and I presume air fryers in general, are especially useful for small households and for those in areas with seriously hot summers to avoid heating the kitchen. Happy to have Instant Pots as well.

• Sully Taylor
    2 anni fa

Air fryer free me! am a kitchen green hand, air fryer make something easier...

• Momof5x
    2 anni fa

I bought an expensive air fryer recently, and not sure how much I will use it now to be honest. I tried several recipes in it such as pastries and fish. It’s great for fish, dries out other foods like chicken nuggets etc. but my major complaint was that everything tasted like it was coated in some kind of metallic taste, put me off.

I am very much for traditional cooking though, love most food done in the oven for the majority of the time - love my oven ! Love it even more after air fryer trial lol. I do love slow cooker, pressure cooker too if need be- all great! Not much of a microwave user either except to reheat some food.

• dan1888
    2 anni fa

What I got was a replacement toaster oven that includes air fryer as one option.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    2 anni fa

I got this one for Christmas in 2019. I haven't used my oven since!!! We love it! Chicken wings are as good as restaurant (maybe better?)! The secret ingredient is baking powder. Add it to your dry rub spices....really crisps it up!

CLICK HERE TO SEE REVIEWS ON AMAZON

• PRO
    ZebraBlinds
    l'anno scorso

They are a great way to warm up food too! Better than the microwave.

• Jennifer Hogan
    l'anno scorso

I live alone and rarely use my oven or the microwave, but use my air fryer almost every day. It is one of 3 appliances that live on my counter - Coffee Maker, toaster and air fryer.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".