Houzz Logo Print
clw11978

Entryway needs storage. What might work in this space?

clw11978
3 anni fa

I am conflicted on what type of storage could work here? Would one of those entryway benches with baskets look ok? Currently using that white basket for dog supplies and banister to hang coats. The entry has high ceiling, so wondering about size. We’re new to this home and I’m clueless.

Commenti (14)

• eld6161
    3 anni fa

It looks very narrow. Where does the white door go?

Can you post exact measurements of the space?

• suedonim75
    3 anni fa

Where does the door next to the stairs go?

• clw11978
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

The white door goes to our single car garage. The area is about 4’8” from bottom of stairs to wall. The length of foyer area is just about 14’.

• PRO
    Beth Hansen, @ Ethan Allen, Omaha NE
    3 anni fa

I'd use a long console table with baskets tucked under for more storage. then a big overscale piece of art for above. (lamps too if you need them)

• tangerinedoor
    3 anni fa

How many of you live in the house? What would you like to plonk in that space? Coats? Boots? Books? Knitting? Top hats? Tennis rackets? Dog balls? Last week's newspapers?

For me, a lot would depend on what everyone was in the habit of dumping off there. Then, I'd choose storage fixtures for exactly those kinds of things.

• clw11978
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

This is really nice! I guess I was thinking I needed a bench for us to put shoes on, but we do often use the stairs as our “bench”.

• clw11978
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

There are 4 of us; my husband and I and two kids. Really, we’re plonking down (mostly me actually), is dog walking needs... a coat (only for a few months though as I’m in TX), leash, extra waste bags. I thought maybe shoes too, but we do store only a couple pair out in the garage.

• arcy_gw
    3 anni fa

How many of you are there? What's your tolerance for exposed personal items. I think it sounds like a bench with hooks and storage is in order.

• clw11978
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

There are 4 of us; two adults and two kids. Honestly, most of my kids “stuff” is kept out in our second garage where my car is kept, so the personal items left out really can be kept at a minimum. I do appreciate you putting that question of my tolerance level for personal items out there... now that I think of it, I’d like to keep that to a minimum right there in the front entry way. But I’ve definitely considered the hall tree option.

• JT7abcz
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

Since you'd like to keep the personal items to a minimum, can you install something like the hall tree that arcy_gw suggested just inside the garage door and out of the entry? At the least, installing coat hooks that you can reach in the garage will help keep the space clear. A narrow table with drawers can be used to hold leashes and waste bags and also create an opportunity to dress up the area with a mirror or art above, a rug...while still being functional.

• clw11978
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

I love this idea too! It really makes sense... I don’t want to be staring a clutter when I walk through the front door, that’s for certain.

• emilyam819
    3 anni fa

I love the Ikea shoe cabinets. You could fit 2. They are not deep but they hold a ton.

• felizlady
    3 anni fa

Guests come in this door...what do you want them to see? Can the shoe-droppers enter through the back door? If not, I would put a bench with baskets below for shoes. The entry definitely needs art on the bare wall and a colorful runner rug on the floor, plus (perhaps) an umbrella pot. If you need a place for dog stuff, how about just inside the garage?

• clw11978
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Actually, most of our shoes already come off in the garage, besides mine from dog-walking. I think I can definitely work with having a space in the garage for those. I love the idea of a large piece of artwork on that wall and a beautiful rug. An umbrella pot is also a great idea! Not something I’ve thought of before. I do think I’m going to be putting some hooks up in that garage as well.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".