Houzz Logo Print
webuser_55833327

Funny bedroom alcove!

Emily Dickson
3 anni fa

Hi i have recently moved into a new place, it’s a cottage built in the 50s in an Oxfordshire village. im Struggling with the main bedroom and what to do with these alcoves. they aren’t deep enough for a wardrobe without it having to come out quite far from the wall and because of the sloped ceiling our current freestanding wardrobe looks a little odd and lost! Any thoughts? Please excuse the mess in the pictures!

Commenti (6)

• sksj1
    3 anni fa

Suggest getting bespoke wardrobes fitted. They can be done relatively cheaply with Ikea carcasses and bespoke doors in mdf painted any colour. Will make the most of the odd shapes and in my experience there’s NEVER enough storage in a cottage. I had a similar sized room with same alcove issue and that was my solution.

• PRO
    Elizabeth Bee Interior Design
    3 anni fa

Fitted wardrobes are always a good option for optimal storage, however, it is difficult to see from your photos how much space you have for these with the bed in situ. If access to the wardrobes is an option, you could have drawers in the lower part and hinged doors in the top. A good joiner will be able to create a wardrobe around the sloping roof.

Failing this, I think you need to get a wider freestanding wardrobe as this one is lost in the space. Or you could balance it out by putting a freestanding vintage clothes mannequin to the side to show case a nice outfit or your jewellery and scarfs. The other option is to have a chair next to the wardrobe to fill and balance the space. Hope that helps :-)

• Sonia
    3 anni fa

I’ve got a funny little recess like you have and I still haven’t found a good idea of how to dress it but I do like Sarah’s idea. 😊

• Emily Dickson
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thanks guys! I think I might try and see how the bed looks against the wall opposite the alcove which should leave a bit more room for fitted wardrobes as there isn’t really the space at the mo! Failing that I also think Sarah’s idea is lovely 😊

• Tani H-S
    3 anni fa

@Sarah L - that was my first thought! Definately best option

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".