Houzz Logo Print
webuser_976691281

Confusion on Bathroom plan- Need suggestion

Sagar Thirtha
3 anni fa

Hello everyone,
Thank you for going through my post.

I have little query, my brother is constructing a house and they have a bathroom size of 10 * 8.3 but when we were going through we feel it’s kind of congested. We had discussed it multiple times but we still couldn’t figure out. So want to check with all the experts if this can be improved or is this good. Thanks everyone for all the help

Commenti (12)

• Sagar Thirtha
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank u so much but thought it’s better if we remove bathtub...

• PRO
    HGI Remodeling - Remodeling Made Easy
    3 anni fa

Double shower is a thing now, have you considered doing the double shower in lieu of bathtub. That way not only will you get extra space but you will be have a modern feature as well creating more value and better used space. Hope it helps

• erab
    3 anni fa

Removing the tub is a good decision . you will suddenly find a lot of floor space .you can give a basin with a stone counter top and also increase the size of the shower area.

• PRO
    Stringer studio
    3 anni fa

SACRIFICE THE BATHTUB - using the tub is more time consuming and use a lot of water, logically. still, it's a luxury material for relaxing at occasions. so lose the tub and keep the shower area intact, it's easy to walk in and out, rather than jump in and out of a tub. so u get more space. HOPE IT HELPS. ........!!!!!!!!!!!! Get Limetrunk'ed! thank you.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Joitree D
    3 anni fa

You can have your shower fitted over the bathtub itself. It can used both ways in that note. I hope this reference image helps.

• PRO
    rayndom studio
    3 anni fa

Though a bathtub does eat up space, it is still fun to have. If you are still deliberating the idea and like the tub, you could just fit in a smaller one. the dimensions alloted here are on the upper end. The area after the shower zone is 2M, where bathtubs start at 1.6M. The shower area is 1M which is greatly spacious. The basin has been allotted 1M which is huge. I would suggest you flip the shower cubicle with the comod, hang the comod on the outer wall, and go with a smaller tub.

• PRO
    rayndom studio
    3 anni fa

Just to clarify, changing the direction of the comod would give you more space outside the cubicle door. This is however considering you get a smaller tub, it would otherwise be difficult to mount. The present location of the comod seems inconvenient since it does not leave a lot of room and cannot be flipped in lieu of the column. If you can device a way around it, the plan is good.
    Di consider an independent, standing basin. They look good and take up lesser space. There will however be lesser and not to mention separate slab space.

• Sagar Thirtha
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you everyone for ur wonderful comments... spoke to his architect and they mentioned there won’t be any space constraint n it will look great... n we will have space... so we wanted to check once it finishes... if it’s too small then we will remove the bath tub n make shower area bigger... once again thank u all coz of u guys we could think better thank u so much...

• kmack76
    3 anni fa

I HAVE ALMOST THE SAME LAYOUT. I am using a soaking tub at an angle in the corner. I love baths!

• PRO
    GC Design Studio
    3 anni fa

Hi Sagar, Ideal would be to get rid of the bathtub if you like very spacious bathrooms. But I understand the love for bathtubs. In that case, if you can opt for it go for sleeker Bathtub. Another tip is that when you have longer washbasin counter, bathroom automatically looks bigger. Attaching both options for your reference.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".