Houzz Logo Print
natalia_lingiah

Window seat and wrap around what is better oak or oak veneer?

We have a long and deep window seat that we plan to clad in oak with side walls clad as well but with batten profile cladding ....our joiner is suggesting an oak veneer instead of using real oak as it will expand and contract less so potentially avoiding problems further down the line. What are the pros and cons of real vs veneer? Any input will be much appreciated.

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    SAMUEL KENDALL ASSOCIATES LIMITED
    4 anni fa

Though a veneer may not fluctuate in size like real oak it will wear out far quicker than a window seat made of solid oak, a very long lasting material. I think the judgement you have to make is whether the surfaces of your window seat need to be that hard wearing, the jointing and edges will also have to be well detailed to achieve something that looks as good as solid oak.

• Natalia Lingiah
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

That’s a really valuable insight..thank you so much!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".