Houzz Logo Print
webuser_429357097

Hi would Karl forster grow in heavy clay soil in shade? Many thanks.

James Denvir
4 anni fa

Jd77

Courtyard in Ealing · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Breeze Garden Design
    4 anni fa

Hi James, the grass is OK in part shade, rather than deep shade. Most of the nursery sites, say free draining soil, but one of them (Hoffman Nursery) said it tolerates clay. They like a bit of moisture, so you would need to avoid sites that just bake dry in summer, which is often a problem with clay soils.

• James Denvir
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Yeah struggling to fill an area along back of fence where it casts shade maybe only gets an hour or so sun in late afternoon time, quite sheltered, soil is heavy clay but is quite damp area and is a raised bed approx 450mm from ground level so was thinking the grass maybe mixed in with foxgloves might look OK?

• PRO
    Breeze Garden Design
    4 anni fa

some of the Deschampsia grasses are OK in shade but not as tall as Calamagrostis. Foxgloves prefer sunny spots to shady ones. Depending on width of the bed, some small hydangeas might work. Or check out the crocus.co.uk website -as you can search by light levels, and see if there is anything else you like the look of. Good luck!

• James Denvir
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Great thanks for your help

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".