Houzz Logo Print
xxpixietrixxx

kitchen floor advice please!

xxpixietrixxx
5 anni fa
At the moment I’m keen on having the same floor from the front door and hallway area all the way through the kitchen and dining room and up to the doors of the conservatory. This means it covers a long stretch before taking a right turn so I have no idea what to do with the flooring!
The boards down now are running in opposite directions and are not worth saving.
I like the idea of stone flooring but worry about it being cold and have also thought about parquet as it might not look as odd? What direction would you position wood flooring? Any ideas of suggestions would be hugely appreciated!! X

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Desiign
    5 anni fa

Hey :)

I think it has to be a walnut or dark wood of some sort.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/fe/9e/fefe9eb6ce4265ea584a32a24678c49f.jpg

I prefer tiles as they;re harder wearing than engineered wood and much better than laminate. Have a look at Minoli

https://www.minoli.co.uk/tiles/axis-dark-oak/

Are you wanting underfloor heating? Try Warmup - you can have that under tiles and is great for winter!

Hope this helps

• Jonathan
    5 anni fa
    Look up luxury Vinyl tiles LVT. You can get the look of a stone without it being cold and unlike tiles of vinyl this is much harder wearing and there are no concerns about joins.
    Karndean and Amtico are the best known brands and have inspirational websites with floor visualisers. Your local independent flooring supplier probably has other options at a lower price point (the lower prices brands seem to have less colour choices though).
  • xxpixietrixxx
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Thank you a for your help and advice! I do love the parquet so having it in a hard wearing and cleanable format is a great idea! Thank you very much
  • PRO
    Sutton Timber
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Hi there, Engineered flooring is a good choice too. We have just supplied engineered olive ash to our client for a new kitchen extension. Good quality Engineered flooring is particularly durable and easily maintained.

We have a range of engineered flooring - visit our website for more information regarding engineered flooring. There is also a wealth of information on the portfolio and blog sections of our website https://www.suttontimber.co.uk/products/flooring/engineered/

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    5 anni fa

Hi,

We agree that parquet flooring is a nice idea to help create flow throughout the space. It's also very much on trend, and timelessly stylish too! We'd recommend laying the pattern direction along the length of the hallway and then continuing this direction into the other rooms. The hallway is, after all, where first impressions are made so we'd suggest getting it just how you like it in this room first of all. The second and third mages from Man About the House show the flow well.

Alternatively, you could go for parquet in your hallway and planks in your kitchen, in the same colour of wood - the colour flows but this mixes up the pattern a little and gives you the chance to choose your preferred direction in each room.

Here's some colour inspiration too:

Goodrich Coffee Oak · Maggiori informazioni

I hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Hannah | Woodpecker Flooring

• Daisy England
    5 anni fa

Lovely kitchen. I’d look at LVT in a parquet finish.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".