Houzz Logo Print
jenniferslevin

Love how the first floor extends over the ground floor...

How was it done/supported. & was it expensive?
House Extension & Refurbishment, Dublin · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Brennan Furlong Architects & Urban Planners
    5 anni fa

Hi Jennifer,

We used a steel structure which is fixed to the side wall of the house at ground floor level and cantilevers out (hangs with no support at the other end) to hold the weight of the floor, walls & roof above.

It worked very well in this instance where the client wanted to retain the side access to their house while ensuring this did not compromise on the space they gained with the extension at first floor level.

It is more costly than “standard” construction, but was the only way of providing the clients with the space they needed.

I hope that helps.

If you have any other queries, feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Studio Manager

BRENNAN | FURLONG Architects & Urban Planners

Email: studio@brennanfurlong.ie

Telephone: 01 874 7410

• jenniferslevin
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you for your prompt reply, I think it looks great. Of course it will be more costly than a standard build, but could you give me a guide additional cost ? +10K ? or am I way off?

• PRO
    Brennan Furlong Architects & Urban Planners
    5 anni fa

Hi Jennifer,

To get an accurate figure we'd recommend consulting a quantity surveyor but I believe it would be an additional 10k + . As every project is different there may be a number of factors to consider,
    which in turn might influence the cost.

Kind regards,

Joanne

• jenniferslevin
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".