Houzz Logo Print
ali_rose12

horizontal or vertical bathroom wall tile?

Ali Rose
5 anni fa
I understand vertical is to make a low ceiling look taller and horizontal can make a tight one expand...
my bathroom is deciently sized at 10x10 and 9.5 foot ceiling. i have 8x24inch tile and would love to go vertical but wonder if i should stay horizontal... i am not doing an accent strip. i feel if the tile is intresting enough the strip is distracting. i did however pick out an pretty floor tile (second photo) that will be used in the niche and the wall behind my sink.
horzitontal
vertical

Commenti (14)

• wdccruise
    5 anni fa

The first picture is terrible. There's no perspective. The reflection makes it even worse. It's impossible to tell what one is looking at.

• Ali Rose
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    The first pic is the tile sitting on the bathroom countertop
  • Toni Hamlett
    5 anni fa

A little to much going on with the sink counter, wall and niche. As for vertical vs. horizontal go with what you like since the room size is big enough for either.

• PRO
    Focal Point Hardware
    5 anni fa

love the horizontal. looks neat and spa like. love the stones.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    5 anni fa

I wouldn't do that marble-look tile with the vanity top. They are fighting each other. I'd select a simple white or gray tile with the vanity, or a simple white or gray vanity with the tile.

• Buford_NE_GA_7A
    5 anni fa

I did vertical in the shower and think it came out great. Is the tile going to be in the shower or on the walls?

• Toronto Veterinarian
    5 anni fa

I like the vertical placement, but I don't like the mix of those tiles and that counter top. Your countertop is very busy, and either tiles (the faux-marble, or the white and gray pattern) will make the area look overwhelming, IMO.

• PRO
    DESIGNWORTHY
    5 anni fa

The vertical placement is more modern and the horizontal, more timeless. Emily Henderson had a good article on her blog about this recently. May want to check it out!

I would go with horizontal install because it will carry the same direction of the veins in your countertop, adding consistency and repetition to your space. I think it will look more cohesive than a perpendicular break in the design. That is if I am reading the photo correctly. Good luck!

• Angel 18432
    5 anni fa

busy, busy, busy - go plain white.

• simplechoices
    5 anni fa

Keep the floor tile, change the rest.

• Ali Rose
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    The new cabinets will be white, the new floor is wood tile planks. i am changing the shower floor from the white/grey flower-like pattern to a white with grey grout. my husband is hoping the counter tops don't make the transition from the top of the old cabinets to the new cabinets (previous owners put lipstick on pig by replacing ALL countertops but leaving old cabinets). If the bathroom countertops break i am changing them to something simpler because they are busy for my taste. if they make it, we may swap later on.
    the good thing is not nearly as much will be visible. we are shortening my husband's vanity a few inches to expand shower and my side is having uppers added. example photo attached, we saw this at the tile shop and loved the look.
  • PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    5 anni fa

We agree, go plain white. The patterns are competing with one another.

Park Ridge Retreat · Maggiori informazioni

Tastefully Urban · Maggiori informazioni

Luxury Mid-Century Modern Remodel · Maggiori informazioni

• that_tile_girl
    5 anni fa

A fun rule about lines: horizontal lines are peaceful, vertical are energizing, diagonal are "fun!" (if not chaotic). With the space you have, it might just be about the feel you're trying to achieve rather than ceiling height, etc.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".