Houzz Logo Print
lucy_houghton

Curtain Experts Please?!

Lucy Brown
5 anni fa
Ultima modifica:5 anni fa

Hey everyone,

I’m redecorating my parents bedroom for them in the coming weeks, and I’ve come across a curtain issue that I’m not sure how to resolve. I’m no curtain expert so I thought I would seek advice on here…

The ceiling above the curtains is rather slanted. There is also not much space due to the window frame to hang a pole. Currently they’re being hung from the ceiling. As a result the curtains hang uneven at the bottom.

My original plan was to ask the plasterer to try and even out the ceiling as much as possible, but I’m not sure to what extent he can do this and what effect it would have on the window frame?

I’ve attached pictures below so you can see, apologies if I’ve not explained this very well!

So, what's the best way to hang the curtains? Should I even the pole out at the top so that they fall even at the bottom, or will that just highlight the slanted ceiling more? Also, should I take the curtains further back on the left to reveal more of the window if possible, or shall I fill that space with something else?

Since it's approx a 182 drop, I was planning to get pre-made curtains and avoid paying more for custom made ones unnecessarily.

The whole room is being ripped out and redecorated so any suggestions are welcome and very appreciated.

Thanks

Lucy

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Amelia Wilson
    5 anni fa
    Hi Lucy, If the window is the same height on both sides and it’s just the ceiling that slopes then you could get a joiner to put a piece of wood across the ceiling that is thicker at one end so it gives you a flat surface to fix to. You could then attach a slim rigid pelmet to the ceiling in front of the wood to hide this. You then attach your pole or blinds to the piece of wood. Does that make sense?
  • A B
    5 anni fa

Or have blinds instead?

• PRO
    Amelia Wilson
    5 anni fa
    I think blinds would look better but presumably Lucy will have the same issue unless she fixes the slope in the ceiling
  • sunshineband34
    5 anni fa
    Are the windows suitable for Perfect Fit blinds where the blinds attach to the windows and not the ceiling? Think that would look great but I’m not sure if that would be a lot more expensive? Maybe worth investigating?
  • PRO
    User
    5 anni fa

I think having had a closer look that you may need to look at the track too. There's no support on the left hand bend and the support nearest the bend is different in height to the ones next to it leading me to believe that the track has come off it. It's very hard to tell from the photos.

• Lucy Brown
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response. I finished the bedroom! Thanks for the advice, I really appreciated it.

I did consider blinds but they really wanted curtains, so we bought a laser level and put in a new ceiling so that the curtains could hang perfectly straight. We then discovered that the window was clearly very squint, but we couldn't do much about that.

I also had to go with a bendable white track option as there wasn’t quite enough space for a pole unfortunately.

Here are some photos… I think it turned out well on the whole, despite having to learn how to pencil pleat last minute!

It was worth the effort and my parents absolutely love their new bedroom.

Thanks again, Houzz is so great!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".