Houzz Logo Print
deasignzgirl

Have you installed luxury vinyl plank and later regretted it?

Sarah Davis
5 anni fa

Curious to hear if people who chose to install LVP — love it or regretted the decision.

I Love It! Best decision I could have made.
I Hate It! Regret my decision, plan to change flooring.

Commenti (9)

• Mary Elizabeth
    5 anni fa

Following...

• Kelly M
    5 anni fa

Following

• Bethany Szczepanski
    2 anni fa

It depends on your application and the style you choose. We have installed in a rental property, a basement, 2 bathrooms, and an over-garage bunkhouse. Both stick and click together types. I love it for being waterproof, warm and soft underfoot, easy to install, and less expensive than other materials. The thin, dark product we put in the rental home did show wear marks after a year, but that was on a main floor with lots of windows and we learned you need to protect it from sliding furniture just like you would on real wood. We have not had any issues with the other spaces. Choose higher quality rigid click with thicker layer, and matte textured finish for higher traffic spaces.

• Wanda Reeb
    2 anni fa

I regret ordering vinyl plank flooring. Have to put pads under everything. Can't use rugs that are rubber backed. Have to use special vacuum cleaner and special mops. Didn't have to deal with that with carpet. Why do they tell you how easy it is to care for but dont tell you that you have to buy certain rugs, special vacuum cleaner and special mops.

Wish I had ordered carpet. Wanted something that would be easy care because of our health.and sounds like I will have more work. Does anyone have problems with vinyl plank flooring. And wish they had gotten carpet.

• Sherilyn
    10 mesi fa

Installed in second floor and it doesn’t hide dead spots as well as wood. Some spots sounds like sticky linoleum. Also, you don’t have that same warmth as traditional wood. I truly should have forked over the extra $1500 or so to get wood. My gut told me wood but the sales guy pushed the vinyl.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    10 mesi fa

Have installed it in a couple of houses. Has worked well in almost every situation.

• Emily
    10 mesi fa

Very practical and looks pretty good. Had it in a home with a pool and kids, so it made a lot of sense to use it. To me it feels and sounds like I’m walking around on plastic. We have moved and i had hardwood installed. I won’t use it again.

• Kate
    10 mesi fa

We installed plank with felt underlayment, sounds and looks good. Happy with our choice.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".