Houzz Logo Print
amy_day

Can you tell me if your countertops are concrete?

Amy Day
10 anni fa
If so, have you had any issues with the dark color fading?

thank you for your time
Yard Crashers 702 · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Clean Cut Landscape
    10 anni fa
    Yes, the countertop is concrete. We use color hardener and then a lacquer sealer over the top and have had no issues with fading. I hope that helps.
  • PRO
    VC Studio Inc.
    10 anni fa
    Nice job Clean Cut Landscape! I like the fire feature at the end.

A good quality integral color will not fade on you. Also, stay away from coatings for sealing concrete in outdoor settings. We have had great success with MMA acrylic solvent based sealers for outdoor flatwork. But for countertops that will take the abuse of a kitchen you will want something that won't scratch, delaminate, fog/white, or stain.

If you haven't heard or it, check out SB1 from Trinic http://www.trinic.us/System-1-SB-Sealer-Gallon-System-1-SB-Sealer-Gallon.htm
    It is a penetrating sealer that is incredibly heat and acid resistant. It is expensive per gallon but it goes a long way and works great.

Regards,
    Vincent Cathcart
    VC Studio Inc.
    vince@vcstudioinc.com
  • PRO
    VC Studio Inc.
    10 anni fa
    Amy Day,

Not all concrete is created equal. Information and quality is increasing rapidly all over but high performance concrete is still a small industry. Make sure you find a fabricator with serious experience and solid mix designs, pun intended :-)

If you need help finding a fabricator near you feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
    Vincent Cathcart
    VC Studio Inc.
    vince@vcstudioinc.com
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".