Houzz Logo Print
sandan120270

Drab exterior need help for accent, roof and door colour

Sandra Daniel
6 anni fa

Getting a new roof and need to choose colour but want advice on how to make these exterior investments and future windows, door and aluminum accents etc pop what colours would work with this colour brick too drab right now

Commenti (9)

• Irene Morresey
    6 anni fa
    I think it would look good with a midcentury modern style with your roofline. More solid colourful door
    Sandra Daniel ha ringraziato Irene Morresey
  • PRO
    Hardie Boys, Inc.
    6 anni fa

Wow, great property. Hardie Boys, Inc. offers some great products for upgrading your curb appeal. I think adding a soffit/rafter tail system around your roof would give it a more defined cottage look. If you want to be really fancy, a pergola above your garage would add some dimension to that side. Check out some samples below or visit hardieboysinc.com

• Denita
    6 anni fa

Love what Irene posted for inspiration for your home. I also think accentuating the modern aspect would bring out your home's best features.

California Low Profille · Maggiori informazioni
    ^This home uses color blocking which would work well on your home too.

Change out your garage door to a more modern door. Change out the front doors to a more colorful door as shown by Irene.

Sandra Daniel ha ringraziato Denita
  • Denita
    6 anni fa

Found another insp pic for you

Bellevue Mid-Modern · Maggiori informazioni

Sandra Daniel ha ringraziato Denita
  • katinparadise
    6 anni fa

Hardie Boys, please stop spamming. There's nothing about the style of this house that would benefit from your product. This is the second post I've seen you comment on where your product was totally irrelevant to the style of home.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

this house could look amazing! black or charcoal roof, the cedar/redwood vertical slats siding above the garage door, paint the brick soft gray and do some black trim. Black or dark bronze windows.

coloring options so you can see what they look like

I would opt for this slat wood where you have the siding now, and I'd do the underside of roof/porch area w/this same wood tone. I'd also stain the concrete porch or tile it w/black slate.

pick a cool color for the front door, or get one in a mid century style w/glass and wood.

Sandra Daniel ha ringraziato Beth H. :
  • PRO
    Beverly Anderson Interior Design
    6 anni fa

I think dark charcoal or dark olive green for the siding, black for the roof and window trim. Then the doors can have a punch of color.

Sandra Daniel ha ringraziato Beverly Anderson Interior Design
  • PRO
    Hardie Boys, Inc.
    6 anni fa

@katinparadise, we appreciate your feedback but we're simply giving our opinion and suggestions to folks who are asking for some inspiration and help. Not everyone will like our options or agree that our style is what they're looking for and that's fine with us.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".