Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_jordan16

one panel curtains

How far do you hang rod from the width of the window

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    6 anni fa

Hi Suzanne,

It's really up to you, though the minimum is usually 20cm - the best starting point is probably the effect you're trying to create. If you want to create the illusion of a bigger window, or to preserve the light by not having too much overlapping fabric on the window panes, then you can go bigger than this.

Hope that helps,

Zoe

• PRO
    6 anni fa

I see a lot of windows where the pole bracket or the end of the track is very close to the window opening - the loss of light can be huge. The actual amount depends, as Zoe says above, on the effect you want, but also on the fabric and linings. If you have a thick fabric that is interlined and a big window you may need 40-45cm or even more. I'd always have a minimum of 25cm. On a window that takes up a lot of the wall, I would look to see if it was possible to have the pole or track going across the full width of the wall - it can look very generous and that's always a good thing!

• PRO
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".