Houzz Logo Print
zennifer

Bathroom vanity light- over just vanity, or centered on wall between v

zennifer
6 anni fa
Hi! Should we do a traditional 3 light/24" vanity light over the 48" vanity, or could we do a light centered on the wall, that spreads over both toilet and vanity? (See second picture, obviously our vanity is bigger.)

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Kim Eifrid
    6 anni fa

I'm glad you provided this example with the multi light fixture. Note the shadows. There should be direct balanced lighting to the subject in front of the mirror. Otherwise the shadowing effect may be distracting. Perhaps a ceiling canned spot light in front of the toilet, and then balanced light or lighting for the vanity.

• zennifer
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    There is an overhead light from the bathroom fan right in front of the vanity- that would be sufficient, correct?

Which would be better overall?
  • PRO
    Forest + Ash Studio
    6 anni fa

i would center it over the vanity. good luck!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 anni fa

vanity. like the pics

or do a large room light like this one

• jbtanyderi
    6 anni fa
    Lower the picture so that it’s top is lev with the top of the niche. A mid-wall sconce and a matching sconce on the side walls would give even lighting for make-up and shaving.
  • felizlady
    6 anni fa
    The lights should be centered on/over the sink/mirror area of the vanity. Lighting is necessary to the person using the mirror, not a person using a toilet. For the toilet, a ceiling fixture and reflected light is sufficient. If you put a long decorative light over the vanity, as shown, you will need a good ceiling fixture as well to fill the shadowed areas with light.
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".