Houzz Logo Print
cindy_hosea

Help with bold kitchen cabinet colors

Cindy Hosea
6 anni fa

Having kitchen cabinets painted. Want to do a bold color, but slightly afraid. We are liking colors in the green/teal family. Anyone have a bold kitchen you love? Mistakes? Backsplash? Kitchen includes a feature wall with base cabinets only, nice range hood and floating shelves. Will also need to choose tile that will go up wall to the crown. Wallpaper is now gone, thinking a very light grey for walls, white trim, still need to choose floor stain. White quartz counters with very light grey veining. Possibly Cosmos Arabis White. (Pic below)

Advice? Suggestions?

Commenti (18)

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    6 anni fa

Go with your favorite color and you will LOVE it. If you love teal, go for it, I bet you will love what you have :)

Here is a pic for inspiration:

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato RugKnots | Area Rugs
  • dover P
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Blue will be amazing and you can never go wrong with a white subway tile all the way up the wall.

also love the green jhmarie posted

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato dover P
  • PRO
    Color Zen
    6 anni fa

I have personally overdosed on the blue cabinet look that's really popular but a creative spin would be great. I love the idea of a murky, emerald green. Gl :)

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato Color Zen
  • PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    6 anni fa

SO many great colors to choose from!! Start simple - do you want darker or lighter? Grayer/cooler tone or warmer tone? Then grab some samples! If you are hesitant, maybe consider a 2 color kitchen... Here are a few pictures I found:

Good luck!

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato Debbi Washburn
  • Cindy Hosea
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Thanks everyone. I think we will go for it, why not right? Right now we are looking at Studio Green, it's a Farrow & Ball color and white subway tile.

• dover P
    6 anni fa

Exactly enjoy life, I love farrow and ball and that's a nice color as well.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 anni fa

Okay we went bold with this kitchen and never regretted it , when we sold it was what sold the house.

• Cindy Hosea
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Wow! That red kitchen is amazing!

• User
    6 anni fa

Navy blue, all the way.

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato User
  • sochi
    6 anni fa

I love the F&B colour you’ve selected. I don’t think you will regret it. I’m doing F&B Hague Blue, was very tempted to do a dark green. Still am actually, they don’t start painting my cabinets until next week so I still have time to change my mind I guess! I have saved pics quite a few green cabinet kitchens, a few below. I love the herringbone tile in the second pic, would you consider that over subway?

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato sochi
  • Cindy Hosea
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Sochi - Funny, we loved the Hague blue as well. Our cabinets are scheduled for painting the week of 11/8. Please come back and post a picture when you are finished! And yes, I will def consider that herringbone. Love it!

• PRO
    ULLMAN CONSTRUCTION CO LLC
    6 anni fa

Green cabinets we did for a guest bathroom, could be nice

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato ULLMAN CONSTRUCTION CO LLC
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    6 anni fa

I love the design direction! I think a slate blue could be great especially if you're going with a dove gray wall color. You could also play around with going lighter on the cabinets (closer to white) and making more of a statement with the backsplash tile. We did this in one of recent projects and the citron green tiles were so much fun! Good luck.

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato Niche Interiors
  • sochi
    6 anni fa

I will post photos Cindy. We’ve probably a couple of months away from install still. Are you doing framed cabinets?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 anni fa

This is a kitchen that was in Elle Decor magazine..I have saved this image for a while....and when a I saw your delimma I thought it would be perfect! I will be doing it in my next house it is amazing...

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    Tom Bashe - Coldwell Banker Residential
    6 anni fa

You can never go wrong with a blue grey kitchen. Just make sure if you have an island to make it a different color, and to do a simple backsplash, nothing too busy

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato Tom Bashe - Coldwell Banker Residential
  • PRO
    Lucvaa Kitchens
    6 anni fa

We agree with the amazing comments above! Blue Grey painted kitchens are amazing and everyone wants one! Other than off-white kitchens, blue grey kitchens are our best sellers. Customer can choose any colour they want when they buy from us, but most customer who want bold colour are going for a variation of the blue grey kitchen Tom Bashe posted above.

Good luck!

Cindy Hosea ha ringraziato Lucvaa Kitchens
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".