Houzz Logo Print
newhouse82

Best light granite for kitchen with cherry

newhouse82
6 anni fa
Hi there. I am moving into a home with cherry cabinets and looking for a lighter colored granite to brighten the space. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much

Commenti (7)

• richfield95
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Those cabinets are beautiful! Are you sure you want to do an entire new counter? Perhaps just removing the 4" backsplash and putting in tile up the the cabinets would change the look a lot.

• newhouse82
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Thanks! Definitely need new counters.
  • PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    6 anni fa

Don't rely on the counters to lighten the space... they are on a horizontal plane below eye level. Buy a color that you love and just make sure to bring the whole space together int he right tones... and no little 4" back splash - do a beautiful tile all the way to the deck... I would warm up the paint colors a little too. Embrace the beauty and warmth of the cherry....it can't be light and airy like a white kitchen would be.....

The cabinets are beautiful - just a few tweaks and hopefully you will love it!

• leelee
    6 anni fa

I like black with cherry but that won't lighten the room, will it? Go neutral.

When you do decide on counters then please have them remove the 4 inch backsplash and do not replace it with another. Do not let them add the 4 inch piece that comes out to the front of the counter either. Both tend to ruin the look of a kitchen.

Love Taj Mahal quartzite or granite which ever it is.

• gtcircus
    6 anni fa
    Really. I think soap stone would be stunning. Then LED under the cabinet lights and call it a day.
  • PRO
    Bespoke Decor
    6 anni fa

I would skip granite and opt for quartz. There are many options in shades of white or off-white, and many that look like marble.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".