Houzz Logo Print
alex8200

What is the evergreen tree on the right side of the photo?

alex8200
7 anni fa
I would like to know the type of evergreen tree on the right side. How tall does it eventually get? If it is one that grows to 30 ft, does the designer just expect to replace it with a smaller one every few years?
Bird Lovers Dream · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    ZDA Inc.
    7 anni fa

The evergreen on the right side of this photo is a lacebark pine, Pinus bungeana. It is a slow-growing ornamental evergreen that will eventually get tall, but this is an informal evergreen that opens up as it matures, exposing a very nice peeling bark. The evergreens in this landscape are regularly pruned for form and to guide their growth in an artful way that works with the space.

• alex8200
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you! Does it thrive in zone 4-5?

• PRO
    ZDA Inc.
    7 anni fa

Lacebark pine is a zone 4 to 8 plant, and can do well if planted in the right location. Winter protection from sun and wind will help it establish.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".