Houzz Logo Print
l_taylor_118

Any ideas on what I could do with this space?

Laura Smith
7 anni fa

Hi guys, this is my first post, sorry if it's a bit vague. I have got quite a big empty space by the stairs in my living room. Unsure of if I should leave it and keep the space just to avoid putting something there for the sake of it, or put something there. I have a large corner sofa in the room currently and only 2 people living here so not sure if more furniture is necessary. Considered a console table or large chest of drawers for storage but don't want to get storage to just fill it up and hoard. Hoping to think outside the box and maybe people could suggest something different? Thanks

Commenti (10)

• Carolina
    7 anni fa
    It would help if we could see more of the room, to get an idea of the space and your style. Could you post more photos? You can attach them to a comment under here.
  • headers13
    7 anni fa

Yes agree can we see how this space fits into the rest of the room.

• Laura Smith
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Hi guys, hope this helps a little bit more? The more I look at the space and the colours the more I think I need something to break it up, just not sure what.......

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    7 anni fa

Why not put a nice radiator cover over the radiator that will act as a shelf for plants or photos, and a striking painting above - with colours to complement your wallpaper? Also I would move the sofa towards the fire place wall as it looks a bit hidden behind the stairs. Put an end table the other side of the sofa and a low coffee table in front of the sofa. You could also accessorise the sofa with cushions / throw to compliment the wall paper and bring some colour into the room.

Shannon

• PRO
    Eden Home Solutions
    7 anni fa

hi there

Is the space by your back door with a view into the garden?

I would think about what you use the whole room for. Is this a space that you could have as a quiet corner to read or listen to music with a nice view?

I would never advocate buying storage for storage sake as you will fill it up, however good your intentions and a chest of drawers could overpower the space.

All the space in your home should have a purpose - maybe if you think about what you might need, it will help create the shape of your little nook.

xj

Laura Smith ha ringraziato Eden Home Solutions
  • Laura Smith
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Hi guys, some great suggestions/points here thank you very much for your help. I do love those cushions that have been attached as pictures, where are they from? With my feature wall having blue in it would you just stick with blue accessories or other colours like the light greens/greys in the pictures you have both sent, would it be worth introducing colours like that? I have a some green in the orangery which is used as a dining area (which the living room leads into) so possibly could get away with green as it would flow into that room? I agree there is no point in storage for storage sake......great to see ideas starting to come together, and ideas that I wouldn't have thought of myself. Thanks again!

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    7 anni fa

The cushions are from Etsy.com they have lots to choose from and adding green accents into your sitting room to tie both rooms together would be a very easy and versatile solution.

Shannon

Laura Smith ha ringraziato Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
  • Laura Smith
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Hi Shannon, that is great thanks very much! I have been on the website- very impressed with how reasonable it is! I have found the cushions you showed me, and a few more.....however I cant seem to find the cushion with the green bird in it even though I have changed the search criteria to something that would be appropriate. You dont by any chance have the link of the green bird and grey cushion do you?

Thanks

Laura

• PRO
    Feature Radiators
    7 anni fa

Instead of a radiator cover, it might be neater to for a slimline column radiator or an ultra minimal flat panel radiator as pictured. Give me a call on 01274 567789 if you need any advice.

Radiators for hallways - restricted depth · Maggiori informazioni

Laura Smith ha ringraziato Feature Radiators
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".