Houzz Logo Print
donnahvac1

dark barn board

donnahvac1
11 anni fa
I am buying a house that was built in 1970.The basement has dark stained barn board.I do not want to take it all off and sheetrock all the walls.Any ideas?

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 anni fa
    I am in Europe - just so I understand you are talking about old barn board that is so much in fashion right now that they are selling wallpaper of it at hugely expensive prices?

You really need to post pictures so we can help you but my first reaction is definitely to keep it and work with it.
  • donnahvac1
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Haven't passed paper yet...I will post pictures as soon as I do. It is a room that has only one window so it makes the room so dark..I will post as soon as I can.I would love to work with it But, I am stumped..
  • PRO
    sixteen fourteen
    11 anni fa
    Can you paint it? We painted our dark board ceilings bright white, and it lightened the room while preserving the character:
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 anni fa
    If you want to work with it - start working on introducing lots of lighting - that will be essential. Any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, metallics and sheens will also help.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 anni fa
    Here is an interesting image I came across that might give you an idea
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".