Houzz Logo Print
123camm

hi love your building and design,

123camm
7 anni fa
would like to know what building product the internal walls are made of ?
and how is it built up from the ground ? are the walls boxed up with timber or metal plates ? are the dots on the walls decoration ?
the gloss finish on the walls is that applied for dust protection ease and cleaning tks.
regards
Don
Unique Design · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Eco Sustainable Homes
    7 anni fa

Hi Don,
    Thanks for your question,
    The internal walls (and external on this house) are Rammed Earth, they were built by Rammed Earth Enterprises, who have written a blog on the construction process of their rammed earth walls, which you can access here.
    The 'dots' on the wall are from the bolt holes in the formwork used in the construction process.
    The gloss on the walls is a combination of the camera flash and the sealer which the walls are sealed with to protect them, which does as you've guessed assist in stopping dust coming off the walls, and reduces dust settling on the walls. The sealer also waterproofs the walls if you did want to wipe them, however they rarely ever need cleaning (we've lived in our rammed earth home for 20 years and have never had to clean the walls).
    Kind Regards,
    Eco Sustainable Homes

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".