Houzz Logo Print
jeannielacey

How to disguise ugly garage

Jeannie Lacey
7 anni fa
Hi Houzzers!

I need advice on how to disguise the lower floor windowless garage please. The driveway runs down next to it so there's no room for planting. Cladding on that wall is supoosed to be horizontal silvered cedar, but the rest of the house also has cement board and batten in a very dark blue.

I'm wondering if we were to clad from the ground up to the floor level of the deck on top of the garage if this will help disguise it. Or will it make it stand out more?

I've got no idea!

Thanks

Commenti (3)

• Jeannie Lacey
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    I meant to say if we clad in dark blue board and batten from ground level up to floor level of deck. I think if that side wall is all light coloured silvered cedar, the house will look mammoth. Ugh!

The black stuff going down the side wall on an angle is water protector. It will be covered by whatever cladding we go with.
  • Bernadette Staal
    7 anni fa

I think you should wait until the house is finished and then consider your options. Garages don't need to be disguised - most homes have one. Why not show us the finished product and then we can look at options if you still feel it is ugly.

• PRO
    Glideaway Door Systems
    7 anni fa

Perhaps some custom garage doors to match the cladding?

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".