Houzz Logo Print
mbhnms

Paint Advice - 80's contemporary home exterior makeover including roof

mbhnms
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

We are in the processing changing exterior paint of our contemporary home built in mid 1980. Getting tried of vertical cedar siding
and thinking of changing to James Hardie horizontal siding. Please could you suggest the colors for
siding, fascia and trim around the windows?

Trying
to decide between Aged pewter, Khaki Brown, Monterey Taupe. Though we like the
idea of painting fascia and trims in different color, but concerned with the
fact that painting the trim would be too much since we have so many windows in
the front. On two sides of the house the
wood is in very good condition, hence deciding to paint. Please suggest if going horizontal siding in
the back and leaving the vertical siding on the sides would present a problem?

Commenti (6)

• emmarene9
    7 anni fa

Replace roof first. Roof color must be considered when choosing house color. I would stick with vertical siding but...depends on what the back of the house looks like. Please post a photo.

• mbhnms
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Yes replacing the roof will be done once we replace the fascia with Azek. Since contractor recommends roof to be done last, we would like to select the exterior color first then match the roof. It is very cloudy here today, not good for pictures.

• Emily Dorrian
    7 anni fa
    we chose these glass doors for our contemporary home with pewter on the siding, dark brown on the trim, cashmere infinity Marvin windows which are similar to the tan brick.
  • gtcircus
    7 anni fa
    I agree with Ellsworth. You can replace the siding with cement board but it has to be vertical not horizontal. Next you pick your roof then you pick the siding. And I agree it should not be multiple colors, you will ruin you beautiful home
  • Lisa R
    3 anni fa

What did you end up doing? Looking to do the same thing

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".