Houzz Logo Print
sunwat1203

Picked the wrong shutter color

sunwat1203
7 anni fa

Need help on the shutter colors. We wanted a French country look, but this blue seems a shade off. Too much of a cool shade. Not willing to paint the entire house at this point. Appreciate any suggestions!

Commenti (8)

• Pam Fisher
    7 anni fa

The color is hard to see with the shutters being in shade. That said, they need to be in a darker value - paint them, not the house. They should be somewhere between the very dark value of the window frames and the lighter house color. Your shutters are nearly invisible in the photos. If your photo were black and white, what I'm trying to say would be more apparent.

sunwat1203 ha ringraziato Pam Fisher
  • Irene Morresey
    7 anni fa
    Martha Stewart, zinc
    sunwat1203 ha ringraziato Irene Morresey
  • PRO
    Premiere Pros
    7 anni fa

I see the look you are going for and if you willing to paint the shutters, try Benjamin Moore West Coast http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/westcoast it's a little deeper blue with a bit of a green tone to it. Good luck!

sunwat1203 ha ringraziato Premiere Pros
  • PRO
    sunwat1203 ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Olga Kramar
    7 anni fa
    Sounds like your were going for the Carolina Gull suggested above. That would look GREAT.
    sunwat1203 ha ringraziato Olga Kramar
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 anni fa

The shutters are all wrong for those arched windows anyway IMO add some stone to the house and forget the shutters . Google french country house exteriors to get inspiration

• sunwat1203
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you to the one(s) that suggested Benjamin Moore west coast. We love the much improved shutter colors!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".