Houzz Logo Print
smr89

need advice for big reno

smr89
7 anni fa

Just beginning demo for big renovation. So many questions! I currently have a wall oven and micro/convection above it. I would like to have double ovens. I can keep what I have, and add a slide in unit, or I can start fresh. Obviously I save on the budget by keeping what I have, but is that a good design choice in the long run? Considering induction, but want 36". I am not sure there are 36" slide ins. If there are, what brands are available? I can't do Viking or wolfe, not in the budget.

What brands of wall units would you recommend? I currently have Kitchenaid, and they have been fine, I had GE Monogram in previous home, and was happy with that as well.

Fixture questions: do my faucet, drawer and cabinet pulls and lights all need to be same finish?

thank you for any advice!

Commenti (10)

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    7 anni fa

You need help from a kitchen designer...seriously.

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    7 anni fa

Not all hardware needs to match: I try to limit it to two finishes unless there is a specific reason why we are making selections that add more metal tones. Most of the time a brushed nickel (like your appliances) and one other metal finish is enough.

Your best bet, keeping induction would be to do a 36" 6 burner cook top with a single 30" oven below it in addition to the combo you already own.

• smr89
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Barbara, not sure what I asked that offended you so. Sorry. Just trying to glean advice from those who have been in this spot.
    SJD-thank you. That is what I have been leaning towards, but not 100% on the decision. As for mixing finishes, thanks for the advice on that as well.
  • PRO
    Flintridge Design Inc.
    7 anni fa

Glad your moving forward with your reno. GE Monogram is fine, just keep all fixtures and pulls SS. I would keep them all the same. Good luck with your project...very exciting.

• Judy Mishkin
    7 anni fa

i'd hold on to your kitchenaid wall oven, i love mine and the new second wall oven i got (whirlpool) is so noisy it has become my 'second' oven instead of my first.

• smr89
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I haven't done the self clean in the kitchenaid, and from what I have read, it can cause problems. Seems like every line of appliances has "buyer beware" stories! Makes it tough to make a decision. I prefer the look of wall ovens over a slide in, but it makes sense to keep what I have and supplement with a slide in. Meeting with appliance store guy on Thursday, and hope to have a good idea of what I want before I get there. Any cons to MW drawers (other than $ compared to counter or wall MW? I like the KA micro/convection, but if I go wall ovens, I will most likely get a "basic" MW.

• Bruce Crawford
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

smr89, my research is 2 yrs. old, so a bit dated. First, I did a quick search for 36" induction slide-ins. I saw none, but plenty of 36" induction cooktops. My question is, if you are going to have wall ovens, current or new, why do you want a slide-in, unless you do some serious entertaining on a regular basis? Before I scored an unbelievable deal on a Wolf wall oven at farmhomestore.com (clearance house for PIRCH), we had researched extensively. I had settled on GE's wall oven. I really liked the Monogram line, but at the time their Profile line had a wi-fi feature called Brillion not then available on Monogram. This would have been good for my then tele-commuter wife (now retired) who could monitor things from her desk in the back of the house. I understand the Monogram line now has that feature. I was going to go w/ a single wall oven plus their Advantium speed oven. It's basically a convection-microwave w/ intense halogen lights that turbo-charge cooking so you can have seared steaks, etc. A sales rep at one of the high-end appliance stores told me he'd had steaks cooked on it you couldn't tell hadn't been cooked under broiler in a range.

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    7 anni fa

Microwave drawers are fine: but most of my clients move forward with a microwave/trim kit installed below the countertop. Looks the same, cost about half the price, has a standard door swing so no lifting plates out of the drawer.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".