Houzz Logo Print
lisa_lumsden

Do painted kitchens chip easily?

Lisa Lumsden
7 anni fa
I am keen to replace my kitchen and love the soft look and tactile feel of painted kitchens but I am worried about chips. Are any particular finishes more durable? Do manufacturers guarantee against this? All advice appreciated. Lisa

Commenti (10)

• Jonathan
    7 anni fa
    Yes they do chip and dark colours show it more
  • headers13
    7 anni fa

I have had a painted vanity unit made for the bathroom in Farrow & Ball dark grey & very worried about chips have to be very careful.

• Helen C
    7 anni fa
    I agree with jonathandb1972, we have a two tone kitchen and the wall units are light coloured with the island painted a dark blue. After one years use the wall units look like new, the island unit has about 5 chip marks (we aren't very precious about using it though). They are easily touched up having said that.
  • Ocean Clarke
    7 anni fa

Interesting discussion and nice to hear some feedback!

• PRO
    The ALNO Store Bristol
    7 anni fa

Much like painted surfaces around the home, for example skirting, doors, banisters etc, paint can chip if subject to impact or scratching. There are different kinds of painted surfaces, for example hand painted and spray painted. Damage can occur on either but both can be touched up and made good by a professional if required. All ALNO kitchens are spray painted in the factory in Germany and provide a perfect finish which is available smooth or textured and in any colour of your choice!

"I wonder if any element of interior design is more personal than colour? Nothing can more quickly reveal aspect of personality and character than the choice - or absence - of colour.” ~ Van Day Truex, 1980.

• PRO
    Chapel Kitchens
    7 anni fa

There are so many ways kitchens are painted. Here at Chapel Kitchens we use Beech as our under lying material for frames and rails. It is noticeably harder than the usual tulip wood which is quite a soft material. It therefore wears a great deal better. The darker shades look amazing but require a bit more cleaning. A fantastic trip for any hand painted kitchens is to use magic erasers for the day to day grime. They use no chemicals and lift most marks from kids/dogs etc

• PRO
    Bryson Kitchens and Bedrooms
    7 anni fa

The beauty of painted kitchens is that they can be touched up and cleaned upon scratching provided you have the original paint to match. Other types of material when scratched tend to be troublesome to repair and just need to be replaced. I wouldn't really go with a painted kitchen in a busy family home with small children, but as mentioned above they can be cleaned and touched up easily enough. A lot depends on the type of door your showroom is selling. Stay well away from the big sheds.

• Lisa Lumsden
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    thanks all!
  • PRO
    JJ Painting Services
    6 anni fa

Not so much an issue with what type of kitchen paint. It's the primer which will guarantee or not from chipping. I use Otex high adhesion primer which can be applied to non prepared tile or glass and will not chip. I just went to a clients house yesterday that had been painted in F and B and was chipping. The F and B was not the issue, just a poor quality primer.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".