Houzz Logo Print
kateburt

Small urban garden spruce - ideas?

Kate Burt
7 anni fa
Hello helpful Houzzers. We want to give our little London garden a mini makeover and would love to get other people's suggestions. Originally we were going to have some muted encaustic tiles near the house, and tufty fake grass for the rest and leave it there. Now we think we want to do more - I'd like it much much greener and to feel more spacious, but not necessarily with open space (I've seen some cute photos where little gardens are made into two interconnecting rooms with a leafy archway between them - but now can't find any of course). We're thinking to lose the round table and get a big long dining table to go parallel to the house under a canopy, festoon lights etc. This area gets the morning sun. The back of the garden is the last spot to get the sun in the afternoon so that's a nice place for seats. It's east facing. So how to reconfigure this into a lush green space?! Any ideas most welcome...

Commenti (7)

• Kate Burt
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I'll look out for them - thanks @fishertomlin&bowyer, I think they'd look brilliant.

• Jojo
    7 anni fa
    I think yo could make your garden look beautiful on a small budget,
    I am all for recycling and last year made a great deck out of pallets..
    I would paint all existing wood black, give that lovely old patio a good scrub/jet wash
    Keep the great plants you already have and put in as much tall leafy greens as poss, I planted bamboos along my side way and it gives a great screen from my neighbours..
    The long table idea sounds really nice, with the lighting and then use your deck for your cozy end of day nook, would love to see the end result..
  • Ludo Gallagher
    7 anni fa

Agree with the tropical theme. Paint your wall and deck black. It opens up the space as you can't see where it ends. Put a sheet of mirror on the back wall to reflect back lush tropical plants and make it look as though the garden is bigger. The green of the plants look good against black too. I was at Covent Garden flower market this week and bought 21 ferns for £21. They love the shade and look tropical. Buy a musa banana plant. They aren't too prices and grow quick and large. Some black and green bamboo.

• glendevon
    7 anni fa

If you use bamboo be careful which variety you chose - some of it is very invasive and will soon take over yours, and your neighbours, gardens.

• Viet Le
    7 anni fa
    sszzzszzzzss
  • PRO
    The Worm that Turned
    7 anni fa
    Ooh Kate - where to start? You have soo many options but I think first of all you need to define your style. Here's a long table https://www.worm.co.uk/products/romane-tables but it's totally different to https://www.worm.co.uk/products/bellevie-table Most of all though, you need to reduce the clutter and separate out the practical bin area from the entertaining/relaxing space. Decide if you want plants (please do) and personally I think the crazy paving needs to go. Here's your lights https://www.worm.co.uk/categories/outdoor-string-lights-fairy-lights
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".