Houzz Logo Print
rina_oxon

Kitchen window dressing

rina_oxon
8 anni fa
I have just had a new extension built with a large dual aspect kitchen diner and I'm struggling now to know what to do with all these windows! I love the light but one side looks onto the road and footpath so needs some covering, the other onto the garden, but gets full evening sunlight in so can get very hot by sink. Any ideas/recommendations on what to use/how to manage this? Same both sides or different? Thanks!

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Paula Trovalusci Interiors
    8 anni fa
    Hi Rina,

What great space you have! I'd have sheer, unlined roman blinds made for the windows and pair it up with sheer wave curtains for the door (opening to the left!)

This will enable you to filter the sun but keep the room feeling cosy, yet light and airy.

Hope this helps :-)
  • ingabrereton
    8 anni fa

What a lovely kitchen. What style of table and chairs are going in the dining end? I would totally agree with the white wood blinds suggestion - but would pair it with long curtains in the dining end if it is going to have a formal or cottage feel at that end. and possibly have a set of long curtains for the french doors too in case you need to shade off the sun in summer

try prestigious textiles Helmsley collection for fabrics that might suit your reg,grey,white scheme http://www.prestigious.co.uk/en/collections/helmsley

Best wishes, hope the project goes well.

• bookworm987
    8 anni fa

White wooden blinds, definitely

• rina_oxon
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thanks all! White wooden blinds seem the popular choice - wasn't quite sure what they're like to keep clean?
    I haven't decided on the style of dining table - I've got three bathrooms and a bedroom to get finished first! I was considering something quite small that can be extended, maybe black, grey or glass. Or a small armchair in the corner. Once all the boxes are out I can see the space!
    Really like the fabrics suggested, possibly curtains at the dining end would work too. Thanks!
  • Donna Toner
    8 anni fa

I've just got some grey linen sheer curtains on the patio doors love them, and have have white wooden blinds with ribbons on other windows

• rina_oxon
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Sounds lovely Donna! unfortunately I don't think I have room at the side of my doors for curtains - or are they hung from the doorframe?
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".