Houzz Logo Print
lucimari

My little Naples condo

lucimari
8 anni fa
I love this painting I found by Leonid Afremov.
Is it too small for above my couch?
The couch is 88" from top pillow to top pillow.
The painting is 30" x 36".
Thanks

Commenti (40)

• susan2494
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Yes, it is too small to hang over sofa. You need at least 2/3-3/4 of the space over the back filled. Your rug is a little small also, should have all front legs of sofa on rug.

lucimari ha ringraziato susan2494
  • Carolina
    8 anni fa
    You could have it framed and hang it off centre. Do not centre it above the couch.
    lucimari ha ringraziato Carolina
  • Carolina
    8 anni fa
    Here's an interesting article, if you dare to be different :-) http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/classic-art-hanging-trend-how-to-hang-art-off-center-211910
  • lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Ty, I even found out my rug is too small, which I thought!

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Hi carolins, I looked at the article.

it appears that even if off set there is something else that balances it,

i would have to have that.

i have an "eagle eye" I'm told, and if something is not straight or not centered properly it bothers me,

Since I love the painting, I'll try and offset it wit something on the other side maybe.

thank you so much!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 anni fa

All of these canvases are from Great Big Canvas. I like the canvas with the three small sail boats

lucimari ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • susan2494
    8 anni fa

I agree with Bev, that the painting you like is a bit over the top for the area. If you love it maybe find another room for it. I like the 2 on the left. They are much more calming.

• drdeb1234
    8 anni fa
    Well that painting is not to my taste either, but if you "love" it, and feel this is something you want to look at every day, then that's what matters, and I encourage you to find a place for it!
    lucimari ha ringraziato drdeb1234
  • Carolina
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

I happen to think that it looks great. Bigger is not always better.

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Wow! I absolutely respect each and every one of your opinions.

And matter of fact,when seeing it on the wall, as you have done, I don't like it there either. What was I thinking. It's nothing like what I want my room to look like.

Im trying to pick up some of the coral and want to add green or lavender accents.

I just didn't want the typical palm trees.

so glad I have this site!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 anni fa

Here are larger images of what I found on Great Big Canvas

lucimari ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • leelee
    8 anni fa

Here's one from etsy.com under very large original paintings

lucimari ha ringraziato leelee
  • susan2494
    8 anni fa

I'm in Fl also and the last thing I wanted in my condo was something "beachy". I see this everywhere, so I got something completely different and I love it

Check out Pier 1, they have lots of large art that would look good over your sofa...beachy ones too.

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Love your idea!

i feel the same way.

Why would I put up a painting of palm trees when all I have to do is look out my lanai and see them.

i love the trees idea, always have.

it was suggested earlier, thanks!

• susan2494
    8 anni fa

Check out their website and if you see something you like post it and I can put it in your room.

• Michelle
    8 anni fa
    If you truly love the painting, make it work somehow. Just now above the couch. Perhaps another wall would work. And then find something similar to the painting but in larger dimensions.
    lucimari ha ringraziato Michelle
  • susan2494
    8 anni fa

• Jayne M
    8 anni fa

I love your room. It is absolutely gorgeous! Love the furniture and the wall color. You've got aquas and corals already- maybe lighter and darker shades of those colors among others picked up in the art. I love the serenity of the room and think maybe other art could better carry on that relaxed serene feel. Like the others, I think a bigger painting and a bigger rug. I do like the pink and green sailboats from Great Big Canvas because it picks up colors already in the room but there are a lot of other choices out there. Try Zazzle.com, FineArtAmerica.com or Imagekind.com for starters. Find art that speaks to you. I think the beach modern look is great!

lucimari ha ringraziato Jayne M
  • lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Well, once again,I've gotten some great ideas.

Thanks jashumbert, I love your suggestions;)

• katinparadise
    8 anni fa

Lucimari-have you been to Wilford & Lee to look at their artwork? They have so many wonderful paintings in a wide range of prices. I was just there yesterday and saw a beautiful tropical abstract that would look wonderful in your condo. Your space is lovely!

lucimari ha ringraziato katinparadise
  • lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I'll go there as soon as I can.

id rather see what I'm getting instead of ordering on line.

i want it ti have some texture.

Thanks again!

Oh, I wish I knew which one you recommended;)

• Judith
    8 anni fa

Check out art.com for paintings. But if you want something that is very large, yet understated, check out Jon Allen's metal art panels. Some are very large and look great in Naple's sunlight.. I also have a Naples condo and have Jon Allen's metal art hanging. Enjoy that sliver of Paradise!

lucimari ha ringraziato Judith
  • katinparadise
    8 anni fa

Almost everything they have has texture. There are hundreds from which to choose. This was a 40x40 square and was $240. I poked around online to see if it might be there but it wasn't. I'm sure you'll find something you love.

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

katinparadise

I don't see the 40x40 square you spoke of?

• katinparadise
    8 anni fa

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I was just explaining that the painting I saw was a 40x40 square. I was hoping to find it online but didn't see it there.

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    I found these wonderful and different pieces of art from Jon Allen.( cambier).
    Would it be possible to post them in my room?
  • susan2494
    8 anni fa

I like those. But seem to be hung a little too high. bottom should be 5-7" above sofa back.

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thanks susan.
    Ok, I'll do that and was it 2/3 the size of the couch that it should be?
    Wow, I'm completely overwhelmed by all the different pics that have been sent.
    Love the trees, love the pretty pastel sailboat, love the wilford and Lee.......oh dear!
  • PRO
    Seacoast Artworks
    8 anni fa

I've had people approach me for something to make their room pop with art that has color and texture. This is just one example. I have others you can check out and can commission. A deep profile canvas is great to keep cost down, rather than framing.

lucimari ha ringraziato Seacoast Artworks
  • aerenamalik
    8 anni fa

Thanks for sharing images. But I want to also share some useful images. If You can want to Wall Art or interior design in your house then must visit Fine Art Photography

• susan2494
    8 anni fa

Can we get an update on your decision for the art? Love to see it.

• lucimari
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Is my Jon Allen metal art hung properly?
    Thanks,
    Lucy
  • susan2494
    7 anni fa

Looks a bit high. Bottom of art should be 5-7" above back of sofa.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa

I have a totally different approach for your consideration. Get a set of 4-5 prints or shadow box type wall hangings to hang in a line across the back wall of the sofa. They would have all different shapes of white coral with soft backgrounds and metal frames. Something like these.

"Sea Collection" Framed Art Prints, 4-Piece Set · Maggiori informazioni
    Here is a set with shells in your whites and silvers. But I'm looking for some corals I have seen. Be back.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa

Coral in White #3 Artwork · Maggiori informazioni

Coral in White #2 Artwork · Maggiori informazioni

Coral in White #I Artwork · Maggiori informazioni
    These are gorgeous. They have Swarovski crystals embedded in them and believe me they are beautiful and go with the gorgeous furnishings you have. They are pricey, but hey, that sofa deserves something really special above it. I will try a mock up for you. Be back!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa

this is not a good representation, because the framing and matting are for some reason coming out funny. But I think you can get the idea. You could do 3 20x20's or more smaller sized. This type art is very beautiful and I especially like the Swarovski works because they just dazzle. I might try another mock up and see if I can get the photos to work better. I will try on your "lighter" picture.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa

this is a little better, just to give you the idea. I will post the actual pictures, but the pictures don't do them justice either. Might want to order (understanding what their return policy is) and see them in person. They are quite perfect for your room I believe.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa

The are posted above for your information.

• oneofeleven
    7 anni fa

If you like trees why don't you look at papering the wall with a tree print. I've seen wallpaper that looks like birch bark, black and white and that might work.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".