Houzz Logo Print
sumyers

Kitchen counters

sumyers
8 anni fa
Should you try to coordinate the kitchen countertops with the flooring?

Commenti (13)

• misfoursir
    8 anni fa
    I wouldn't try to match it too much. Since you'll never get exact, you don't want it to look like a mistake. I would go with the dark grain.
  • Sammy
    8 anni fa

"Compliment" might be a more appropriate word for it.

• sumyers
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thanks for the response. I am liking the darker one too. Next question would be the backsplash. If I use the darker countertop, should I go with a plain light tile of some type.
  • ajoily
    8 anni fa
    I would go with the smaller dark one in the middle for the counter tops... Then consider keeping your backsplash fairly plain ... Perhaps translucent glass tiles in a wheat shade...there would be sparkle on black splash - the counter would be the focus- but the back splash would still compliment it in a classy way!
  • Kkeith
    8 anni fa
    Kirk Nelson....I Love your countertops. Is the second one a granite and what is it called? Do you know the country of origin? I'm a geologist and really love that counter! I just remodeled a house and this is a pic of my countertops. I agree they should be one of the more important design elements in the kitchen.
  • PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    8 anni fa

Hey there.. I think they should coordinate..yet not match. Break the rules!

I have a few blog posts that may help you out.

http://www.timothyriversinteriors.com/blog/

Happy Designing!

• rocketjcat
    8 anni fa
    They're laminate swatches I think? I feel they all have too much pattern to pair well with your floors. I would look for some a little less bold/busy. Maybe something like this or even the Formica marble.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/3422-crema-mascarello-180fx®-by-formica-group-kitchen-cincinnati-phvw-vp~554502®-by-Formica-Group-kitchen-cincinnati
  • rocketjcat
    8 anni fa
    Formica calacatta

Contemporary Kitchen · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

And change out the pulls to bronze

• sumyers
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    First time for me using the advice section! Love all the comments, but a little confused. I also feel like my choices might be a little busy for the floors, but I like the darker sample too.
    The samples are all wilsonart laminate. I have laminate now and after shopping for countertop materials, I think I'll go for it again. At this stage in my life, I would love an updated kitchen but I also want to travel with my hubby, so spending money on trips wins out over expensive countertop materials. That's also why we are keeping our oak cabinets, and I still like them.
  • PRO
    Smart Homes Innovations, Inc.
    8 anni fa

on the "Contemporary sleek and sexy LA beach house" i would install a 3 way custom sound-bar instead of 3 speakers in 3 different locations.

• PRO
    Design Intervention
    8 anni fa

Keith- the stone is called Black Agata. It is Quartzite and the country of Origin is Brazil.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".