Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_598341

New cushions suggestions please!

User
8 anni fa
I fancy mixing it up a bit & maybe introducing new patterns & colour/s into the cushions. can you suggest anything - available from uk? many thx

Commenti (50)

• Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa
    I think your rooms lovely, Tartan cushions would look great or white fluffy ones, I have a mirror that's similar
  • Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa
    It's an old photo , my tree isn't up already lol
  • User
    8 anni fa

Nice room, Kerry.

• User
    8 anni fa

Kelbel, yes, new cushions are in order.

• Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa
    Moved from there in July, those mirrors are currently stored under my bed waiting on me hanging them in my completely white and soulless living room, and the sofa needs a good beating to get back to this shape lol
  • PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    8 anni fa

Hello,

I quite like the cushions minnie101 showed you. If I was you I would definitely go for contemporary style cushions as you have got that type of living room. Would you consider adding some warm colours?

You can find these stylish cushion covers at

http://akivahome.com

***Special opening discount 5% using code AK09***

Izabella

StJames Design Interiors

User ha ringraziato Akiva Projects Ltd
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Duck egg blue can definitely go too, and warm colours might be a nice change, particularly going into winter. Thank you - i'll take a look at the website xx

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    8 anni fa

Hello,

Forgot to say that it is a very lovely room, well done for the current decoration!

• louisep2012
    8 anni fa

http://www.diy.com/departments/palmarosa-watercolour-floral-green-grey-cushion/285516_BQ.prd

These me look a similar style to the ones you already have but a bit brighter. I saw them in the store at the weekend and thought of them when I saw your post. B&Q have some really nice cushions actually, I don't know how they hold up though as I've never bought them from there yet.

• cocolori
    8 anni fa

If you want to go properly individual you could go a bit further afield and order online community designed ones from threadless. You'd have to add customs charges to the prices and I've never bought anything but t-shirts from them but it would mean getting something much more individual.That way you can get something to your taste - they vary a lot...

• Trisha Goodwin
    8 anni fa

I speak as both a designer and a householder/lover of making and buying things! This is not my style, I love a lot of colour, but I do have a friend who goes for your look (which looks lovely in context, just not my thing). However, as a designer, I would say, to do this look properly, that is using lots of neutrals, you need to inject some strong texture to make it work. I would go for some chalky off white furry cushions, even some pale chunky knits in off whites and greys. You COULD go the way of injecting colour, but I would warn against diluting your style, as you clearly do it so well. If you put a few strong highlights in as contrast, you are unbalancing the scheme and turning it into something quite different - and your eye will go straight to those items, not the lovely restful feeling you have already, you will also need to balance those bright cushions out with some strong wall colour, even if in pictures only and maybe carry into other rooms. Far better, I would humbly suggest, not to unbalance what you already have. I love my friends scheme, although not me, its really her and I love it in others peoples houses - don't throw away what you already have a lovely, calm, restful room in neutral tones, just enhance it with more texture.

• PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    I take your point Trisha. I had these cushions already & forgot about them - geometric & texture options. Use one option as a starting point???
  • Trisha Goodwin
    8 anni fa

I would say you could get away with both options as you have them - partly because the geometric cushions are still quite gentle in colour and pick up the glowing tones of the lamps, which look as if they're on; a nice warmer touch for autumn/winter. I also like that note of contrast which the straight lines add to all the curves in the room, ornaments, side tables, lamps etc. So, yes, I would suggest keeping those in place (the flowery cushions looked quite summery) but leave those as the only contrast and colourful patterning, so not as to unbalance things. I would definitely add a textured throw, maybe a thick, creamy white or grey knit, to one arm of the sofa and maybe picks up those glowing tones (still quite light, but warmish colours from the cushions) in one or two tealight holders on the coffee/console table, for instance. This again would make for more of a cosy, autumnal feeling. If you're fairly neutral anyway, you only need a few things to make a real difference. I'm a great believer in a very few seasonal changes anyway, whatever your scheme is like. But yes, love what you've done here and already made so much difference!

• PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Trisha thank you so so much. love your suggestions about the knitted throw & touches on the coffee table - i will do that to finish off the look :-)
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Autumnal :-) Thank you for your advice x
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
  • PRO
    Cobalt Moon Design
    8 anni fa

Hi,

I have a number of feature art cushions which would really spruce up your sofa. Even if you just added one as an accent. Please check out www.folksy.com/shops/CobaltMoonDesign for many more ideas.

Kind Regards,

Judith

• PRO
    Cooper Bespoke Joinery Ltd
    8 anni fa

This sofa would look gorgeous with an oversize furry white cushions, with then a floral type cushions in front and a striped bulky cushion at the front, or visa versa!

• PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    love the stripe Tiffany, where is it from?
  • headers13
    8 anni fa

I agree about adding textures rather then colour & the room looks really lovely. What about silver like this one from John Lewis http://www.johnlewis.com/voyage-aquila-cushion/p583173

I found a square one from the same company from another website if you prefer square to oblong.

I would add some silver & mocha cushions which would go with your interior. Maybe even loose the duck egg throw & cushion. Next do a silver metallic throw as well which looks great - I can't have it as it's a knit & my cats would just make pulls on it !

• PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    ooohhhh i love that cushion - that with the cream fluffy one & the mocha stripe would be perfect for xmas! thank you x
  • q7777
    8 anni fa
    Lovely room please can I asked where rug is from
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thank you :-) It's made to measure from Alternative Flooring at John Lewis. x
  • PRO
    Pat Oliver Interior Design
    8 anni fa

The style and colours of your lounge suggest that if you do decide to add different coloured cushions into the scheme, they should be simple and fairly quiet. Google ikat cushion covers uk and look for cushions that combine white, grey and yellow. The yellow would add just enough colour to lift the design without jumping out at you. You could add a pale yellow throw, yellow lampshades and some small yellow accessories to spread the colour around the lounge.

• q7777
    8 anni fa
    Thank you x
  • fionaglassett
    8 anni fa
    Hi beautiful room... Can I ask what the wall paint is please... I'm looking for a grey and that would fit the bill :)
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    thanks fiona, this is f&b cornforth white although we've just used dulux polished pebble in the bedroom & it's really similar xx
  • fionaglassett
    8 anni fa
    Thanks... I'll check them out :) you did a great job x
  • Sherbert Barnes
    8 anni fa
    Some lovely suggestions for everyone above- have also taken note for my own sitting room as am in process of cushion sourcing/ making! Love the idea of texture and I personally am opting for a few fur cushions for the winter months. I would give this room a real winter wonderland feel for Xmas with some additional candles - I do like the look of candles on a mirrored tray- and I would keep decoration minimal and natural - fur cones, a bowl of off white roses..... I would suggest you keep it minimal and peaceful! Some final pictures please!!!
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thank you! I've used autumnal colours for now & am going to source neutral fur & silvers for xmas to create that winter wonderland look :-)
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Here you go...
  • Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa
    I seen this photo and thought of your room when you mentioned wintertime
  • PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    oooh lovely thank you :-)
  • PRO
    Mellow Duck
    8 anni fa

Wow, what a fabulous collection of suggestions! You have been very clever with your room scheme, allowing you to add accessories with pops of colour, patterns and texture which will change the look & feel of the room without having to start again. Look forward to seeing what you do!

• kazza_hayward
    8 anni fa

I love your room - and your original cushions! If changing them though, I agree about a different texture. Can I have you rold cushions please? ;-)

Love your lamps too.

• kazza_hayward
    8 anni fa

"your old", not "you rold"!

• vanessa2088
    8 anni fa

Hello kelbrel1981, lovely room!!

What is the curly white thing on the coffee table? Looks like coral?

• PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    youre right, it is coral (artificial)
  • vanessa2088
    8 anni fa

Where from please? I want one for my bathroom...

• PRO
    User
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Kelly Hoppen & Buy from the Sea
  • Pat Auld
    8 anni fa
    I see this was first posted in November 2015 but just wanted to add that unless you have allergies, feather filled cushions look and feel more comfy. Also nothing smaller than 45cm. I prefer 50cm.
    I think the decor is really lovely
  • PRO
    a CATHRO Design
    8 anni fa

I have a couple of cushions you may like on my website http://acathrodesign.com/

• PRO
    Urban Sprawl
    7 anni fa

We make cushion covers in a range of fabrics, or in fabrics you supply yourself - all one offs, so infinite choice!

• PRO
    Jasmine White London
    7 anni fa

Maybe have a look at our pure linen cushions in our Birds of Paradise design range? Visit www.jasminewhitelondon.com to see the entire range.

Birds of Paradise · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
  • PRO
    Katie Keith Design
    7 anni fa

Dragonflies from the Museum · Maggiori informazioni

Hand printed 'Mini Beast' cushion · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Laura Spring Studio
    7 anni fa

Milkky Cushion Pink/Green · Maggiori informazioni

Milkky Cushion Pink/Green · Maggiori informazioni

• Niki Jones
    5 anni fa

I suggest to buy similar gray colour tone cushion, it will add elegance. More Info

Midcentury Scatter Cushions · Maggiori informazioni

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".