Houzz Logo Print
jeffvonb

Being Energy-efficient with your current home

Homes can be energy-efficient in two ways. They can be energy-efficient in the way they
are used and the way they are built.

Making your home more energy-efficient, simply by using it in an energy-efficient manner, is simple and inexpensive; it requires no energy audit or expensive energy upgrades.
Using your home in an energy-efficient manner consists of turning off lighting when nobody is in the room, cooking outside during summer, and unplugging appliances when they are not in use. During the summer months, keeping windows closed and shades down during the heat of the day is a very cost-effective way to reduce energy use. This may seem too obvious to some, but many opportunities to save energy in this manner are squandered by most people.

In
summary, homes can become far more energy-efficient, simply by changing
occupant behavior.

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Zero Energy Project
    8 anni fa

We totally agree! There are so many daily behaviors that can influence the energy usage in a home. One other thing is plug loads and phantom energy. Something most people don't think of but can make a difference.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".