Houzz Logo Print
jamielovesbob

What paint color to go with kitchen?

Jamie Webb
8 anni fa
Ultima modifica:8 anni fa

We have a steel gray granite and the light gray backsplash and are wanting to paint the main living room since that beige color lends pinkish in certain lights. Which if ANY of these paint colors would you choose? (the greens were a mistake so ignore!). Keep in mind it has to match up to that current color where the paint ends (background color and same color in large photo) now have warm colored antique oak hardwoods instead of carpet. Please help!

Commenti (18)

• Judy Mishkin
    8 anni fa

i'm afraid i'm not seeing the stairs photo, so not sure what it needs to match.

Jamie Webb ha ringraziato Judy Mishkin
  • Jamie Webb
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

same color as the background color it's painted on, sorry!

• Geneviève
    8 anni fa

White

• Geneviève
    8 anni fa

or like this one

Stunning White · Maggiori informazioni

• Christelle
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

i agree something in the range of the color you already have on your walls

• PRO
    EcoHaven
    8 anni fa

Holy cow, that is a GORGEOUS house!!! And that view, and all that light! I'm really glad you showed the whole room so we can take that view, and the natural light, and your furnishings into account. Very important that you also told us that you have a warm wood floor in now, as well! Do you know the color Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore? I almost feel trite choosing this for you (as it is one of the most popular colors in the history of paint!), but it just might be perfect for what you need. It's kind of a chameleon, being that it is part warm and part cool. I think it will have the same basic idea of what you have right now, but with cooler undertones and no pink. Check out the actual colors in it, and you will see that reds are completely missing:

http://thelandofcolor.com/hc-172-revere-pewter-colorography/

In theory, Revere Pewter will bring just enough contrast (contrast= interest!) against both your "warm" components (floors, cabinets, some of your furniture) and the "cool" (blue couch, grays in the kitchen), blend with the rosy beige that will be left in the room, and still be very neutral as to not compete with that killer view and stunning woodwork.

Ooh, and another thought! My friend's make this stunning mineral paint that you can have color matched and sent to your home. It's called ROMA (www.romabio.com) The mineral pigments pick up so beautifully in natural light like yours, making the color change throughout the day and just have so much depth. Plus, it's incredibly clean (absolutely no-VOC's), durable and surprisingly affordable! I don't work for them- I'm just an uber big fan and use it on all my projects now (including my own home.)

Hope this all helps!

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    8 anni fa

Are you keeping all the furniture & rug shown in the picture? If you are replacing any and all of it, do that BEFORE you look at paint colors. All furnishings should be considered before you choose wall color. It should always be the last step in the design process.

• Jamie Webb
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

keeping the sofa, rug is going and putting grey leather chairs with table, new rug with lots of colors.

• charleee
    8 anni fa

Center, bottom row would be my vote! Can you share the mfg. and color name?

• C F
    8 anni fa

You need WAY bigger paint swatches before making a decision like this!! I like to do a swatch practically from ceiling to floor so I can see how it will look against everything it touches. One tiny little square, especially surrounded by other colors, will make it difficult for you to get a real sense of final outcome.

• Jamie Webb
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

That was just me putting all the samples up but we are painting larger areas of the finalists so thank you for your help. We are also getting Revere Pewter to see how that looks. My friend also suggested that color.

• Jamie Webb
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Christelle, we purchased the backsplash at Montana Tile & Stone in Bozeman, MT. It's Angora Ledgestone Panel and thank you we LOVE it.

• ritting28
    8 anni fa
    What about a lighter version of your sofa color?
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    8 anni fa

I would purchase all your furniture & rugs (choose very large pattern for rugs first, and have them in the house. The area is void of pattern, so look for great rugs & large wall art if you have space on walls not seen in photos. I would only choose a fairly light shade of paint. AND YES, paint your final sample choices on large poster boards (2 coats) and tape them from wall to wall and look at them in bright daylight, cloudy daylight, and dark of night. I will also suggest you paint your ceiling portions that are not wood, the same color as the walls.

Look at colors more like BM Seattle Gray 2130-70; BM Stone White 2120-70;

BM Pure White OC-64; BM Moonshine OC-56; BM Horizon OC-53.

Jamie Webb ha ringraziato Barbara Griffith Designs
  • PRO
    Cabinets 4U, Inc.
    8 anni fa

Putting together a kitchen color palette can be challenging!
    Here is a great article that might help: Kitchen
    Color Palette

• my2scents
    8 anni fa

I would have chosen the upper right or lower right swatches until I saw the entire room. Now, seeing that the backsplash tile strip is the darkest element in the entire kitchen, I would not use any of these color choices. In my opinion you need a more dramatic color on that wall to play up your awesome wall. If you plan to carry the same color around the room into the living area, choose a relaxing color like mossy green and then buy furniture that is more in tune with your beautiful mountain retreat as you get a feel for the room.

There is really nothing wrong with painting first and then buying the furniture if you are not ready to invest in a new set yet. You can always buy a few pillows the color of the wall to toss onto the sofa, and change the color of the rug or lampshades to bring your existing colors together. Go ahead and paint the wall, and then keep your eyes open for furniture pieces that complement the color. Transition your room in phases, whenever you are ready. Please post an "after" photo when the room is completed!

• columbia93
    8 anni fa

Isn't the point of grey that it is neutral and should go with anything? That said, the only item you have in that room with any presence (other than the view) is the bright blue sofa. I would consider all decorating choices based on that sofa. If you are wanting something other than the beige you currently have, find a color (ivory, grey, blue...whatever) that will play off the sofa. I assume you are wanting to just paint the back wall (last photo) so it won't be as important to get it to blend. Think something a bit like the bottom right swatch- make sure you don't get too purple. (Keep in mind when asking for help choosing colors, that the colors never represent well between the camera and PC/Phone. So when I say the bottom right, that swatch looks like a neutral light blue color on my monitor!)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".