Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

Show us your garden (or balcony)!

The summer is coming to an end, but our gardens still have a long way to go before they've completely blossomed out. And let's not forget about harvest season if you have a vegetable patch!

So let's show off our (small and large) gardens and balconies in one long thread - let's go!

SGD Awards 2014 · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (69)

• Andrew Millar
    8 anni fa
    autocorrect!! should be ahem not them .
  • mulgoa
    8 anni fa
    A small corner of our garden in Kent
  • Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa
    Well if you've ever got some spare time, you can find me at broomhouse, think I'm just going to get a nice picture of a garden and stick it to the windows lol.
  • Sharon
    8 anni fa
    We've just moved out of this flat, and the thing I miss most is the lovely garden.
  • Sharon
    8 anni fa
    We've just sold this property. We hope to do something similar with the garden at our next property.
  • simon080274
    8 anni fa
    From crack den to heaven
  • k11agl
    8 anni fa
    This is my little garden - I don't really like grass (as have been mowing the lawn every weekend since we moved in four weeks ago!) and we are typically bad with plants really! I'm hoping to landscape it to have the bit in front of the shed with stone and bedding plants or flowers, etc. hydrangea growing in the garage corner together with a pot of basil at the moment, I want to plant some lavender somewhere next summer - waiting for relatives to bring some seeds from Provence this winter. Balcony currently is the place where the bistro furniture sits as I don't have enough non-grass surface in the garden for me to invest in nice garden sets. Any advice welcome, as I'll really struggle to keep the green going. I do like plants and flowers but I'm really bad at them!
  • haganh
    8 anni fa
    Our little back yard in Liverpool.
  • Monique de Beer
    8 anni fa

We installed bifolds this year to take advantage of the garden views. I'm trying to convince my husband to replace our grass with fake grass as ours doesn't grow too well (North West facing)

• nat314159
    8 anni fa

Wow Linsey yours is beautiful, just fabulous! Simon I LOVE what you've done with yours too - tons of impact for such a compact space! We've just finished doing ours up and I'm so chuffed with it! A family friend laid the slabs for us and built the steps but we've done everything else ourselves :-)

• Lexi Revellian
    8 anni fa

This is my workshop balcony in Hoxton. It's forty feet long and a bit scruffy, but the blackbirds like it.

• andy274red
    8 anni fa

My little piece of tranquility in Cornwall....for the birds&bees!

• gillyflower10
    8 anni fa
    Our garden. Building work for an extension starts next week so these will be a happy memory!
  • bugneck
    8 anni fa
    Moved in 2 years ago, this is the garden the 80 year old we bought from created...
  • Andrew Millar
    8 anni fa
    @kerry sorry but I heard there's the ghost of a lion roaming about from calderpark zoo.that's why you don't see any giraffes in broomhouse or baillieston ,cos the lions got 'em!!
  • Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa
    Ha, i emigrated from easterhouse to here, so the lion doesn't stand a chance lol.
  • Sue McMahon
    8 anni fa
    Moved in 4 years ago and started from scratch. We put up the summerhouse this year and have a solar panel which runs lights, radio and recharges mobile phones.
  • floraadora
    8 anni fa

kerry and huffy boy you sound like you were made for each other, so sweet (really I'm not being sarcastic) x

• seniordiva
    8 anni fa
    This is part of our garden taken earlier in the year. We are still working on it but we're pleased with the way it is shaping up with several sitting and relaxing areas for different times of day.
  • Andrew Millar
    8 anni fa
    @floraadora lol I'm 87&3/4 with bald teeth and webbed feet and really from Arkansas
  • Angie Ashworth
    8 anni fa
    We have a small split level garden and still trying...
  • seniordiva
    8 anni fa
    Here is another photo that I couldn't seem to put up yesterday with the other one.
  • Kerry Donnelly
    8 anni fa

ha, you sound just like my husband then,, well apart from the fact he is defo from glasgow lol, where are you floraadora? huffyboy sounds quite the catch, web feet included

• PRO
    Lloyd's Gardens of London Ltd
    8 anni fa

All so beautiful. Well done everyone.

• les1023
    8 anni fa

These are 2 images of my garden. The garden is at first floor level so the deck in the first one spans a walkway. I've tried to create outdoor rooms with the use of large plants, even though the area is small.

• floraadora
    8 anni fa

I'm in Bromley kent and my garden is very tired and boring, plus we have a dog who only poos in my garden.... so ( I do pick it up)! I do have a beautiful wisteria though that we inherited fro the previous owners...... but that is it

• Andrew Millar
    8 anni fa
    @kerry Donnelly that's why I don't have my PIC on the site...staying mysterious.. or broke too many cameras!!
  • PRO
    Three Interiors
    8 anni fa

We've just had a bit of an epic "doing the garden session", hubby and I took a week off and did an awful lot of clearing, digging, building and a fair amount of joinery and painting. Still got tons to do but looking forward to just relaxing in it for a little while now :-)

we removed a large uninspiring hedge and moved a Hydrangea (hoping it won't die)

and took this playhouse (bought off ebay)

and made it into this ;-)

We turned an overgrown flower bed into a seating area with lights in a sunken area of the garden (just need to make some cushions now)

and painted some old garden furniture to freshen it up

I am quite sick of painting now. Lol!

• Ash McGregor
    8 anni fa
    Big structural plants in my garden - bamboos, bananas, phormiums, cordylines, palms, ferns etc. Suffice to say a mild winter and warm summer has turned it into a jungle!
  • lbee31
    8 anni fa

Had to downsize around 4 years ago from this:

to this:

Which is now this:

• seniordiva
    8 anni fa
    But nevertheless looking lovely Ibee
  • lbee31
    8 anni fa

thank you, despite the size it's amazing how much you can fit in, and spend!

• PRO
    Three Interiors
    8 anni fa

I hear ya about the spending lbee! Looking fab though, it seems to be a nice sunny spot?

• lbee31
    8 anni fa

Very lucky to be east facing so loads of sun, when it's not overcast!

• Niki Markwick
    8 anni fa
    Here's my little courtyard before and after. You don't have to spend an arm and a leg. It's amazing what a difference a new fence and gate can make, along with lots of pots and other bits and bobs to brighten and cheer up a little space . . .
  • Nha Mccartney
    8 anni fa
    Love this garden.
  • mazerolm_3a
    8 anni fa
    I don't have a pretty garden yet (new build) but I do love my back yard in winter! Does that count? :)
  • This That
    8 anni fa
    Our little heaven :)
  • Amanda Wheatcroft
    8 anni fa
    Took all summer but finally got it finished
  • lbee31
    8 anni fa

the hard work certainly pain off, really like the fence colour

• lbee31
    8 anni fa

I meant paid off! hopefully no pain involved!

• Bel McKenna
    7 anni fa
    One of my gardens
  • Bel McKenna
    7 anni fa
    Our terraced garden we moved in last year. Stone Chipping's and the odd plant and very steep steps .
    I'm a huge fan of garden rooms and my favourite era is arts and crafts gardens Gertrude Jekylls designs influence mine :)
  • Bel McKenna
    7 anni fa
    Middle terraced
  • Bel McKenna
    7 anni fa
    Our small court yard
  • 29rania
    7 anni fa
    my backyard ..
  • PRO
    Bradfabs Ltd
    7 anni fa

• PRO
    Eastwell Ironworks Ltd
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Here is one of our clients' garden, featuring our bespoke garden sculpture:

Garden Sculptures and Statues · Maggiori informazioni

• Patrina
    7 anni fa
    Just had a spring clean and my bulbs are on the cusp of blooming!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".