Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: Bread and butter or bread and olive oil/balsamic?

Tom Flanagan
8 anni fa
Ultima modifica:8 anni fa

When it comes to an easy snack at home, is there anything more satisfying than a slice of buttered toast? Well for some of us there is - crusty bread dipped in an olive oil & balsamic!

They're two opposing worlds - a taste of a classic and a taste of the Mediterranean, but which one tickles your tastebuds?

Bread & Butter without a doubt!
Bread & Olive Oil/Balsamic definitely!
Other

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    2PM Architects
    8 anni fa

Bread & Olive Oil / Balsamic definitely! It must be lunch time!!

• User
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa
  • Emmanuelle
    8 anni fa
    Bread and olive oil... Delish! In South of France , we even slightly toast the bread, and then rub it with a garlic clove before dipping in oil... Haven!
  • bruket
    8 anni fa

It depends on the weather. Bread and olive oil if the weather is good, bread and butter if not. Today in Scotland it will be bread and butter.

• k11agl
    8 anni fa
    Oil and balsamic all day long, but my 2.5-year old will demand: I want Nutella mummy...
  • Jolanta S
    8 anni fa
    Olive oil and balsamic definitely with bruschetta. You can add some powdered spices to olive oil/balsamic like paprika, cumin, coriander...
  • peediewee
    8 anni fa

i love them both but you cannot beat homemade bread with lashings of butter, toasted or otherwise.

• Sam Hill
    8 anni fa
    Never heard of people eating bread with either vinegar or oil on!! I like either a buttered crumpet with Marmite, or a piece of Soreen with tons of butter.
  • teenytinyhouse
    8 anni fa

Both! Depends on the bread. A lovely rye sourdough needs some unsalted butter. A crusty fluffy ciabatta or baguette - olive oil all the way!

• alyper
    8 anni fa

Bread and mature cheddar every time. No butter, so that the flavours are clear.

• PRO
    Bespoke Joinery & Building/ Nottingham
    8 anni fa
    Both, depending on the meal, the mood and what I'm having it with,
  • PRO
    Ian Dunn Woodwork & Design
    8 anni fa

Bread and Olive oil and Balsamic! Bring on the sunshine!

• ray_ray_
    8 anni fa
    Any type of bread with salted butter. Although pumpernickel or challah bread all time favourites!
  • silyab53
    8 anni fa

I voted 'other' - bit of a cop out because I love butter - not allowed unless I'm dining out, then I'll have as much as I can - and love 'artisan' bread (Why such a silly name?) with oils, but loathe olives.

However, I think this is an absolutely massive rip off in restaurants where huge mark-ups make the proprietors a fortune and us stupid for paying way over the odds!!! There, rant over.

• silyab53
    8 anni fa

Ps - Toasted Linseed and Olive Oil bread with loads of butter is FAB!

• PRO
    Symes Interiors
    8 anni fa

Both are good! Bread and butter in the morning and bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar at dinner time.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".