Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: Favourite natural scenery?

Tom Flanagan
8 anni fa

There's nothing quite like being in the great outdoors and having nature close by is often a criteria for many when choosing a home - having grown up in the mountains it's a must for me! But when it comes down to the kind of scenery surrounding your home, does one particular natural body take your fancy?

Cast your vote and see which natural titan comes out on top!

Sea
Mountains
Forests
Lakes
Meadows & Hills
Other

Commenti (12)

• Heidi Freeman
    8 anni fa
    I love lakesides, the gentle serenity given off by lake water, and the lovely swimming in the lake in summer.
  • gravel41
    8 anni fa
    Is it all about space and how far you can see, rather than what's there? (Although I can appreciate that the Matterhorn or Lake Bled would help!)
  • Tom Flanagan
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

@heidifreeman1962 - Having a lake nearby is perfect for those lazy summer days!

@gravel41 - guess it's the whole picture but having the Matterhorn or Lake Bled would be good enough for me! :)

• PRO
    Stella Michael
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

The sea, with hills and greenery and a bit like a lake and hills ... basically anywhere on Sydney Harbour (a girl can dream!) , I grew up in Sydney and always miss the harbour, beaches, greenery that surrounds them ... all the lusciousness, the colours, and the smell of fresh ocean air and sound of the breeze in the trees and the birds singing ... something for all the senses ... and all within a wonderful city. Almost behind every corner there is some type of waterway, would love a house on the harbour some day, better start buying those lottery tickets. It used to take my breath away even when I lived there. (... from a homesick Aussie). I love swimming there so want to be able the access the view rather than just look at it.

• PRO
    Bespoke Joinery & Building/ Nottingham
    8 anni fa
    To be honest, it would be all of them but having to pick one, I've always had a thing for mountains so that's got to be the choice
  • helena_sloane60
    8 anni fa

Has to be the Sea for me. The smell and sheer expanse of it screams of freedom and adventure, so beautiful always.

• alant1000
    8 anni fa
    I love a lake view. The water is more calm and it's often framed with nice hills and valleys.
  • Tim Price
    8 anni fa

How indeed to choose?

I think I'd like a house overlooking a lake or small natural harbour with boats and then for there to be meadows by the lake and hills climbing high after that, which of course would be forested on their mid heights, farmed on the lower reaches and rocky at the peaks.

That's why I had to vote "other" - as there wasn't an "all of the above" option.

• Tom Flanagan
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I think I'd probably go 'all of the above' too now that I think about it!

• moiraford
    8 anni fa
    View from devon to cornwall....
  • User
    7 anni fa

Hello dear,

I could not send you message unfortunately so I sent you here a message.

First of all you have put a really interesting article and second you can discuss your issue with us at comelite-arch.com and we can give you all your answers.

BR

Nathalie

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".