Houzz Logo Print
ilyamina0710

Need help decorating guest bathroom. Any ideas

ilyamina0710
11 anni fa
Any ideas on what I can do to fix up this bathroom decorating wise.

Commenti (10)

• Darzy
    11 anni fa
    I'd replace the counter (Silestone) and have an undermount or built in sink. New faucet (6" spaced faucets) and a new framed mirror would be nice.
  • ilyamina0710
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Unfortunately it's an apartment complex and the most I could probably do is paint the medicine cabinets white. Any color ideas I could probably paint the walls that would go with whatever is already in there.
  • mmilos
    11 anni fa
    Find a fun patterned shower curtain, then paint the walls a coordinating color. Throw down a colored bath mat.
  • bellandromeda
    11 anni fa
    You can place a flower vase and some frames to add some decorative pieces.
  • lanaelaine
    11 anni fa
    I am unsure of whether this a place you own or a rental. Either way, I would pick a colour to match or coordinate with your counter top or the floor. From this colour, chose very good quality towels, a bath mat in a larger size if you are matching the counter and a coordinating shower curtain. This is easy fast and not expensive start to the reno. Step two for me would be to paint the walls and the wood around the mirror. It does not seem to match anything. I would look at the colours of the towels and shower curtain as a starting point for to choose a wall colour. Glass shelving over the toilet would provide extra storage and a place to add accessories to dress up the bathroom. The glass would not visually close the room in. Baskets on shelves can provide supplies for visiting guests such as soap, small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and bubble bath, rolled towels in case they need extras, extra tooth brushes. tooth paste,dental floss, false teeth cleaner, magnifying mirror and other necessities. These can also go under the sink but sometimes guests are hesitant to go snooping in your cupboards. Guest housecoats, headband (to keep your hair out of your face) and washable slippers on hooks behind the door are also very popular as these are bulky to travel with. I have also seen fancy glass bottles on the shelf to hold the shampoo, etc. This makes the shelf prettier, is easy to keep clean and is easy for guests to find and use. Liquid soap in a glass container keeps the sink and tub area cleaner and small towels that are hung up using the tag on the towel eliminates the need to fold the towel after each time the guest washes their hands.

I would be incline to add some architectural detail to the room through the use of decorative moldings or picture frames or fancy mirrors or whatever you want. In a smaller space a collection of pictures can be very effective as can one large picture. Please note that pictures usually have an optimum viewing distance and a large picture may look odd close up

Anyway I hope this was of assistance and good luck.
  • PRO
    Chic Fish Atelier
    11 anni fa
    The white walls is not the right color for this bathroom, choose a shade warmer tone on tone with the floor. From the picture a beige color, it would seem ideal.
    If you would change the mirror with a baroque style, but bright color, like these
    Baroque Mirror · Maggiori informazioni

The last thing is the shower curtain, you should replace with glass panel on one side.
  • michigammemom
    11 anni fa
    Definitely agree that the medicine cabinet will be less obtrusive if painted white. I like this fringed shower curtain in stone, black and white from West Elm.
  • PRO
    LuHa
    10 anni fa
    The medicine cabinet is the problem. have a medicine cabinet custom made with mirrored doors and the following dimensions: length of the bathroom vanity x 90 cm height x 15 cm depth, and 25 cm above the vanity. from what I can see, the vanity is probaly around 120 cm, which means that the medicine cabinet probably will come with four mirrored doors. also instead of a shower curtain put a glass bathtub/shower enclosure, it will complete change the look of your bathroom. good luck. Luha
  • PRO
    FaucetList, Inc.
    10 anni fa
    Updating the medicine cabinet to something more modern might be nice - take a look at this one: http://faucetlist.com/Pegasus-SP4588-26-Inch-by-48-Inch-Tri-View-Beveled-Mirror-Medicine-Cabinet.html
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".