Houzz Logo Print
buckleup2000

Love it or leave it? Shag pile rugs

Luke Buckle
9 anni fa
Ultima modifica:9 anni fa
Have we left the Swinging Sixties behind or is there still a place for this furry flooring?

Sangria Coal · Maggiori informazioni
Home Design - The Bayfield · Maggiori informazioni
LOVE IT!
LEAVE IT.

Commenti (10)

• asquithoatley
    9 anni fa
    Modern shags are quite pretty- with a little bit of shine through them. They can add a real textural element but they are not easy to clean and its hard to vacuum dog hair out.
  • Josephine M
    9 anni fa
    Best decision for us was to buy two big Bayliss rugs. Their Texas range has a combination of shag pile & flat weave combined which looks & feels great.
  • ducks43
    9 anni fa
    Loved it in the 70s and loving it's improved grandchild!
  • PRO
    Mysteree Designs
    9 anni fa
    Many modern interiors are too harsh with straight lines & solid finishes. We need more soft & tactile pieces in our homes & modern shag pile rugs can be just the key.
  • AJ Tuttle
    9 anni fa

Love the warm look and soft feel, but routine vacuuming is next to imposible. They can become a great hideaway for small lost items.

• Kim Westwood
    9 anni fa
    I used to love shag pile carpets, but that was the 70's. Now I love my polished floorboards. But a shag pile rug would be nice in the bedroom.
  • Jane Hall
    9 anni fa
    I have the modern equivalent of a shag pile rug in our bedroom: constructed by eco friendly, third world home business using T-shirt manufacturing offcuts. This rug has the same depth of a 60's shag pile but different texture. Vacuuming is easy (for my husband) and much nicer to pop the feet on when getting out of bed in the morning than the polished floorboards. Other than this and a couple of persian rugs, carpets are totally OUT in our home.
  • thinkoutsidethebox
    8 anni fa

In the past, I would never have picked a shag rug. However, when selling our house, we hired some furniture and a couple of shag area rugs were supplied along with the furniture. They actually looked great with the coffee tables provided and the contrasting texture looked interesting.

• Najeebah
    8 anni fa
    don't love it as such but it certainly has its great uses
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".