Houzz Logo Print
shaktee9

Looking for design ideas on finishing basement

shaktee9
9 anni fa
I have a 1100+ sqft basement with a 9ft ceiling. I am looking for ideas on converting it to a one bedroom apartment.

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    9 anni fa
    Measure out the existing space and draw it up on a graph paper or in the computer in order to see what options you have if you want to go with the DIY design route.
    shaktee9 ha ringraziato Dytecture
  • MotherOfGiants
    9 anni fa
    Look into your locality's code for what constitutes a bedroom - having a closet, window dimensions, etc, as this may have significant impact on your plan.
    shaktee9 ha ringraziato MotherOfGiants
  • shaktee9
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you for the ideas. I will look for a local architect to work with, and understand the impact of local codes. My home has two double hungs and is a walk-out basement with a door. So, hoping that the local codes allow for a bedroom.
  • PRO
    Maltby Design
    9 anni fa
    Zoning varies wildly from municipality to municipality. More and more are beginning to permit secondary suites within single family homes. Once you've determined that one is permitted, you are making a sensible choice in hiring an Architect to help you, as there are so many building code and life safety matters that need to be addressed and he will be intimately familiar with these. Making for a smooth project. Best of luck with your project.
    shaktee9 ha ringraziato Maltby Design
  • PRO
    Wahoo Walls
    9 anni fa

Definitely get a permit and plan your egress accordingly. You may find that your taxes will increase as well. Plan and design is important. Plumbing will be your biggest challenge. Good luck with your project it sounds like a great idea.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".