Houzz Logo Print
karenreynolds

Nursery Design

karenreynolds
9 anni fa
I could use some advice on paint color and focal wall for my mid century/ eclectic style nursery. The crib is Oeuf Classic and my aqua dresser is a Craigslist find. I have high long narrow windows on two walls and only one wall without windows or doors. My house is a 1958 ranch with less than perfect walls. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

Commenti (19)

• everdebz
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    Do you like typical murals and such? colors for boy or girl?
    Polka Dot Circle Wall Stencils for Painting · Maggiori informazioni
  • newhomeowner49684
    9 anni fa
    i like aqua and red or aqua and orange color combos. its different than the rest!
  • newhomeowner49684
    9 anni fa
    examples
  • karenreynolds
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Atypical, quirky and fun would best describe my preferences. I am having a girl. Mural or wallpaper would be an option too. This rabbit head is one of my purchases.
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    9 anni fa
    I have a feeling you are a creative girl ,get to painting those cool white trees and do a forest fairy tail them
  • everdebz
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    came back to read and bring elephants with me...
    Elegant Elephant Wall Sticker, Medium and Right Facing · Maggiori informazioni

Ikea PS Svinga Hanging Seat, White · Maggiori informazioni

Mid-century Aqua Bonded Armless Chair · Maggiori informazioni
  • acm
    9 anni fa
    You could keep the walls simple, say with a light grey or a buttery cream, and then let the accents and art do all the color. Or you could take the opposite approach and find a fun bright shade of green, say, to go with your white and blue pieces, and all the other inevitable baby stuff (much of which will be white or pastel) that comes after them.

I dunno that I'd get too invested in a "focal wall" -- your use of the room will change a lot over the next 5-6 years, and a good portion of the furniture too, so you'd hate to build a lot around a perfect look that depends on all the parts. Just get some colorful pieces to hang on the walls and leave flexibility for later...
  • Natalie
    9 anni fa
    Hi---love the furniture. :) I'm a bit off-beat myself, so thought I'd jump in and share some inspiration by a fabulous artist on etsy. Check out more of her work in the link below... Good Luck!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100240668/you-will-still-be-here-tomorrow-but-your?ref=hp_mod_rf
  • PRO
    Wall Art by Allyson
    9 anni fa

Please look at my mural site on Houzz under Allyson Wong.

• tebbie3
    9 anni fa
    I would have your focal wall be the wall where the crib is going. Do you have a color scheme? I see the white crib and blue dresser. Are these the primary colors you will use?
  • OldGrayMare
    9 anni fa
    Definitely go with something fun and colorful. Babies spend a lot of time in those rooms and need something interesting to look at...not that "oh so in right now" black & white stuff. I love all the colorful circle wall. And I love the idea of red and Aqua or orange and Aqua ...maybe with bright apple green as an accent. you've got a great start with your white crib and Aqua changing table...and that kind of "every age" decor will last well into childhood.
  • karenreynolds
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    I'm moving along with gray, aqua, yellow, coral color theme. Thanks for all the suggestions. I will post photos when completed.
  • karenreynolds
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    I'm moving along with gray, aqua, yellow and coral theme. Starting with dot wall. I will post when completed. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • ycity
    9 anni fa
    Great choices!
  • linlac
    9 anni fa
    Love your dots!! Such a cute idea.
  • lexschv
    8 anni fa
    Would love to see the finished nursery! How do you like the Oeuf crib?
  • Susan Davis
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

This is going to be one cool nursery! Of course the baby will be just as creative and wonderful as her Mother seems to be! What are you naming the little one?

On topic! Sarah Richardson does some beautiful nurseries that you can look up online for further inspsiration!

• everdebz
    8 anni fa

Karen, if possible please show your wall, etc... ? :)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".