Houzz Logo Print
jennymillar

Stainless steel backsplash tiles

jennymillar
9 anni fa
I'm wanting to tile my kitchen backsplash with stainless steel tiles. How well do they cut? Does it leave a sharp edge?

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Ward Designs
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    I'm not sure as to how easy they are to install, but an installer would be able to. Ask the reps you found your tile at - they will know best.

Otherwise, I have the following comments about SS tiles:
    1. High maintenance - if you have SS appliances you already know how much effort they take to keep them sparkling clean.
    2. Scratch easily, especially when removing grease and sticky messes.
    3. Very trendy - will look dated in a couple of years.
    4. Can make a kitchen look very cold and stark depending on the look in the rest of the kitchen.
    5. Have had to remove SS back splash from clients kitchen (her choice at the time) because she couldn't stand buffing the streaks out after wiping them down.

If you really want to have a hit of SS on your back splash, I would suggest a decorative strip instead of the entire wall.
    Have you ever seen back painted glass as a back splash? They're gorgeous and you can use metallic paint to give you a similar look without the maintenance required with the tiles.
    Oops, sorry I posted the same one twice.
    Here are a couple of pics with back painted back splashes for inspiration:
    The first three are grey paint, the last is a metallic paint (car paint). Your color choices are endless too. Nice clean simple look, easy to clean - no grout lines. Water and vineger does the trick. What do you think?
  • PRO
    Angel Staging Designs LLC
    7 anni fa

We have installed SS small subway tiles on our backsplash, behind the range too. Yes, you can cut them the same on a tile saw and the edges will be sharp, nothing a hasp and a few strokes won't cure.

Your forever home? you like the look? Go for it!!! we did and the compliments we got were "rich looking, clean, shiny" everything we wanted to accomplish..I say go for it!

On the glass backsplash idea, you know how tough it is to not steak your windows when cleaning them and I would imagine you would have to use tempered glass? Also, what about breakage? Don't forget your substraight (wall behind) would have to be perfect for glass to be completely flat.

I agree though, it looks stunning!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".