Houzz Logo Print
cutiesea

Are the solar panels for the pool?

cutiesea
9 anni fa
Very nice area/ Are the solar panels used for the pool and the spa? How and where are the panels connected, underground? This reduces the owners electricity bill .
Country Backyard · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    Taylor's Backyard Center
    9 anni fa
    Hello! Yes the solar panels are used to heat the pool, the hot tub has its own heating element. The plumbing to and from the pool for this particular project were put underground (2 foot deep ditch). These panels can heat the pool an additional 20 degrees and work in every type of weather (excluding snow). Since these are on the ground, the pool pump is powerful enough to pump the water from the pool, through the panels and back, therefore there is no additional electricity used. If the panels were placed on the roof an additional pump (or one of higher horsepower) is necessary. I've attached another photo of the panels from a different angle as well. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thank you!
    Sarah
  • cutiesea
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you Sarah for answering my question. I've been dreaming of this idea to reduce my electricity due to the pool. So there is a way to have solar panels used just for a swimming pool or spa. My above ground pool is 12X24. Where can they be purchased in zip 92345?
  • PRO
    Taylor's Backyard Center
    9 anni fa
    Hey there! We would be a close dealer for you. If you are interested in a solar panel set up for your pool give us a call and we can discuss the best options.
    Thank you!
    Sarah
    360-756-0909
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".