Houzz Logo Print
june1013

Pendant lighting on vaulted ceiling

june1013
8 anni fa

Do pendant lights work on the vaulted ceiling? I'm worried about the long rod or cord. I'll need to use a bronze finish and think it might be too bold. could I use bronze fixture and light rod.cord?

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Driftmier Design LLC
    8 anni fa

Go ahead and use Bronze. The cable or rod is not very big. The bottom of the light fixture should be 30"-34" above the counter for good illumination.

• PRO
    DeCocco Design
    8 anni fa

The cord should match the finish of the fixture. It will look fine. Be sure the canopy of your new fixture is for a sloped ceiling.

• PRO
    ILLUMINATIONS LIGHTING
    8 anni fa

You will definitely need to use cord hung pendants as they will be hanging at different levels. Rod hung fixtures aren't threaded all the way through so you can't just cut them. With taller ceilings, I like to see them so that the bottom of the pendant hangs at about the 6' or 6-1/2' area. I would also want them to be able to hold a regular base bulb, aka medium base, aka E26 base. That way, no matter how high up you end up hanging them, you should have enough light for your countertop. (no higher than 6-1/2' of course) :)

• PRO
    ILLUMINATIONS LIGHTING
    8 anni fa

Side note: As in Cathy's comment, her picture shows chain hung. You can also do chain hung pendants. Cord & chain hung pendants will all "right themselves" also. I would also choose a larger pendant like in Cathy's comment, because there's a lot of space to fill there.

• PRO
    ILLUMINATIONS LIGHTING
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Click on this link. Something like this would be a nice choice: http://illuminationslightingonline.com/brand-z-lite/1-light-mini-pendant/sku-V1349-189mp-brz

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".