Houzz Logo Print
autummmm

Outdoor light fixtures by the beach: how much to spend?

autummmm
5 anni fa

Hi there! I'm looking to purchase 8 new outdoor wall sconces for my home that is just a few blocks from the beach. Knowing that they will rust and need replacement sooner than if we weren't near the coast, is it worth spending $200-300+ a fixture? I've found some options on Wayfair that are $100ish but not certain about how they will last or if they'll get trashed way too quickly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or has someone done trial and error with this and have a recommendation?

I'd love to not spend $2,000+ in total if I don't have to especially if they're going wear quickly!

Here are the options I found:

Wayfair - Amberley

Wayfair - Mellen

Thank you in advance!! :)

Commenti (6)

• User
    5 anni fa

What about something specific for the location?

https://www.lampsusa.com/collections/weather-resistant-outdoor-lights/products/maxim-dover-vivex-3-light-outdoor-wall-mount-bronze-40094cdbz

You'll have to read the sidebar for the specs, but it says it's for areas like yours..

autummmm ha ringraziato User
  • ptreckel
    5 anni fa
    I am on my second set of outdoor lights in three years for a beach location. My first choice were made out of “metal” and rusted out within the year. My most recent set are made out of a resin and seem to be holding up under the conditions of salt air. I don’t trust the “finishes” that are placed on most “metals” to make them worthy of an outdoor rating for a seaside location. I paid around $100 for each of my fixtures....and I have six of them. Bought them through Build.com.
    autummmm ha ringraziato ptreckel
  • User
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Okay...I was going by the information from their website..

http://www.maximlighting.com/vivex

"Non Corrosive, UV Resistant Proprietary Finish

Over twice the strength of polyurethane resin material used in traditional outdoor lighting

5-Year Limited Warranty"

Sorry I couldn't help

autummmm ha ringraziato User
  • PRO
    BEVOLO GAS & ELECTRIC LIGHTS
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Hi there! Our handcrafted copper fixtures can certainly withstand the harsh salt air environment & we also offer marine grade naval brass brackets that will never rust or corrode. We've worked on hundreds of beach homes & developments around the country. A typical residential average for most of our fixtures is in the $300-$800 range - but they will never have to be replaced. We offer a complimentary design service and can assist with specific style and scale recommendations for your project. Simply send over photos of each space you're looking to address and I'm happy to provide some feedback that will work within your budget! Brittnee | brittnee@bevolo.com

https://bevolo.com/blog/oxidations

autummmm ha ringraziato BEVOLO GAS & ELECTRIC LIGHTS
  • Tonya
    4 anni fa

I'm in the same predicament! We are between resin and marine grade metal.

I hadn't seen maxim lighting option, which might be a better idea considering strength and hurricanes. My only concerns with resin is the harsh UV - but the maxim one seems to say theirs more UV resistant.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".